Search found 177 matches

Go to advanced search

by GlennB
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:01 am
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

What has changed since the “advisory “ (cough cough) referendum? The Brexiteers' lies have been exposed and the truth about the actual nature of Brexit has become clearer, especially hard Brexit. Is it possible to elaborate? The 350M a week we 'send' to the EU was a lie. Here's just one example of ...
by GlennB
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 am
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

scooby wrote:What has changed since the “advisory “ (cough cough) referendum?


The Brexiteers' lies have been exposed and the truth about the actual nature of Brexit has become clearer, especially hard Brexit.
by GlennB
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:00 am
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

Still nothing showing he actually said it. We will have to agree to disagree. Except it's a BBC report of a BBC interview. What counts as evidence in your world? Have you gone full Trump and into "fake news!" territory every time you're faced with an inconvenient report? Sad! Okay I agree...
by GlennB
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:04 pm
Forum: Chatter
Topic: Rugby World Cup on TV
Replies: 4
Views: 1489

Re: Rugby World Cup on TV

Ah, we can get that through the FilmOn internet service. They claim to be legal, and that's good enough for us ;)
by GlennB
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:00 pm
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

scooby wrote:Still nothing showing he actually said it. We will have to agree to disagree.


Except it's a BBC report of a BBC interview. What counts as evidence in your world? Have you gone full Trump and into "fake news!" territory every time you're faced with an inconvenient report? Sad!
by GlennB
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:43 pm
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

Are you sure your not just making things up? Why don’t you just put the link to the interview? I've been copy/pasting from reliable sources, not 'making things up'. What makes you think it was recorded anyway, or do you only accept evidence on video? (Be careful how you answer that, it might bite y...
by GlennB
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:29 pm
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

Are you sure your not just making things up? Why don’t you just put the link to the interview? I've been copy/pasting from reliable sources, not 'making things up'. What makes you think it was recorded anyway, or do you only accept evidence on video? (Be careful how you answer that, it might bite y...
by GlennB
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:30 pm
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

The guardian says “guarantee “ but he has never said it and he would be stupid to do so. Of course I know it’s from the 1st of November. The guardian will have took their “quote “ from the below interview link. Be careful with these media stories. https://news.sky.com/video/boris-johnson-interview-...
by GlennB
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:02 pm
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

"Johnson claimed food shortages – one of the risks outlined in the leaked Operation Yellowhammer documents on no-deal planning – were “highly unlikely”, and offered a “guarantee” that patients would be able to access medicines unhindered."is Guaranteed , so that's all right then. I didn’t...
by GlennB
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:07 am
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

"Johnson claimed food shortages – one of the risks outlined in the leaked Operation Yellowhammer documents on no-deal planning – were “highly unlikely”, and offered a “guarantee” that patients would be able to access medicines unhindered."

Guaranteed, so that's all right then.
by GlennB
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:16 pm
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: Latest EHIC & Reciprocal Healthcare
Replies: 141
Views: 27474

Re: Latest EHIC & Reciprocal Healthcare

Surrey and Sussex NHS information leaflet for entitlement to NHS treatment non resident. https://www.surreyandsussex.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Entitlement-to-NHS-Hospital-Treatment-for-Non-Resident-UK-Citizens.pdf Dated Oct 2009, so let's hope guidelines have changed. It would be nice if th...
by GlennB
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:52 pm
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: Latest EHIC & Reciprocal Healthcare
Replies: 141
Views: 27474

Re: Latest EHIC & Reciprocal Healthcare

Healthcare in the UK is based on residency not on contribution. Anybody who lives in the UK is entitled to healthcare on the NHS whether they have contributed to National Insurance or not. Anybody who does not live in the UK is not entitled to treatment on the NHS even if they have contributed. Not...
by GlennB
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:25 pm
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

Maud, you think I have made “unpleasant “ comments? Or is it more that you don’t like what I said (whatever it was). Also you claim that by voting leave people are depriving others to live in the EU? I see no evidence that UK citizens (if that’s to whom you refer) will not be able to do so. Well, t...
by GlennB
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 am
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

Kamisiana, don’t let the almost like gang culture get to you. You have a right to have a different opinion. Just because you choose to live in a EU country doesn’t automatically mean you would want to believe in the EU project. Live wherever you want. If you don't like the golf club you belong to y...
by GlennB
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 am
Forum: Brexit and Living in Greece
Topic: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat
Replies: 781
Views: 61486

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

Kilkis wrote:
scooby wrote:
Kilkis wrote:I am asking a question concerning the logic of having the right to live somewhere, voting to abolish that right but expecting to still have that right.


Amen. How anybody might not be able to see that is the real mystery to me.

Go to advanced search