Any free Greek courses around?

Courses, resources and discussion on Greek language.
If you know of a good link or course please post it.
ecotrails

Any free Greek courses around?

Postby ecotrails » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Recently arrived on Crete in my 33 year old camper van/mobile home... wondering if any free Greek courses are available, present ability between beginner and intermediate I guess but starting from scratch would bring benefits I am sure.

Eco :D

YoMo2

Re: Any free Greek courses around?

Postby YoMo2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:58 am

Whereabouts are you based? I realise that in a motorhome you are not really based anywhere, but the courses tend to take place in a fixed location....

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

ecotrails

Postby ecotrails » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:32 am

Hi Andrew
Thanks for the reply; yes correct can get anywhere except camper, a reliable but very slow and underpowered merc, doesn't like hills so much.
Presently based close to Hania but moving on a little in an Easterly direction tomorrow.
I expect to be located long term on the North West coast of Crete or inland a bit, so from Kastelli-Kissamos (unlikely but possible) through Hania and as far East as Rethymnon area and up to 10 km inland throughout.
I shall be looking for long term cheap house or apartment rental (or long term motorhome placement situated close to wifi access for my small internet based part time business) in the above areas once I've scouted around a bit so expect to be locked into this area for ever or at least for a year or two at a time.

Eco :D

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:08 pm

I'm "up the other end", so can't really help, except to say that the local council in Agios Nikolaos do free courses based on some sort of EU funding so I would expect other councils would also offer the same thing. Check with local council or KEP perhaps?

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

Return to “Learning Greek”