Surgeon

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
P&B

Surgeon

Postby P&B » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 am

Has anyone had any experience or know anything about the reputation of a neurosurgeon by the name of Papadakakis who practices in the Iasis Hospital in Chania.

Alternatively, does anyone have a recommendation for another neurosurgeon to perform lower back surgery?

Thanks in advance

Kilkis

Re: Surgeon

Postby Kilkis » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:57 pm

I can't comment on his skills as a neurosurgeon but I've had consultations with him and he seems a pretty good neurologist. He diagnosed a minor neurological problem I had purely on the basis of the symptoms and an examination in his office. He then sent me off for a range of tests and the results of those confirmed his original diagnosis. A friend, who has had back surgery and who reads LiC but doesn't post, suggested that if you are already consulting an orthopaedic surgeon that you are happy with they will normally recommend a neurosurgeon if one is needed.

Warwick

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:25 am

Michaeli did the operation on my back to repair a squashed disk, He was then at the Chania Hospital. My daughter's friend was a a consultant physician at the hospital and she recommended him. He was brilliant and so too was his reputation. Now he has "gone private" and I consulted him about a knee problem. I had been recommended in UK to have an operation but Michaeli said it would not solve the problem and would permanently weaken the knee. His advice was to take pain killers and to do a particular exercise and he was right. I totally recommend him to you.

Having said that, I have total faith in the doctors at the hospital. IF you have IKA then they may well be a good alternative (and, of course, free!)

I hope things go well for you
\
John

sandrasmith

Postby sandrasmith » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:16 pm

I have had many consultations with Michaeli.First it was due to a fractured vertebrae then diagnosed epilepsy.The problems with vertebrae are ongoing now 5.I've not had any operations due to osteoporosis.I would certainly recommend him.I have been having ongoing treatments with him for 3+ years.Good luck.
Would like to help people on Crete

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”