Bathrooms - any recommendations

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Cambia

Bathrooms - any recommendations

Postby Cambia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi
Wanting to extend and install a new bathroom which involves taking a wall down and rebuilding it. Can anyone recommend a good internal builder and also a place to buy bathroom fittings, shower, bath etc? Thank you.

Tim

Re: Bathrooms - any recommendations

Postby Tim » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:35 pm

It rather depends where in Crete you are located ....

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:14 pm

I don't know for certain but possibly not a million miles from Kalyves?

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Using that logic suggests that you live in central Macedonia - and I don't believe that to be the case. :wink:

Tim

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:31 pm

If Warwick is right about your location Zilimbilaki's bathroom shop (Επιλογι) in Kalyves, opposite the petrol station as you head for the Ethniki on the road from Kalyves to Armenoi, about 250m from the laundry. They'll probably be able to recommend a reliable builder. There's a builder turned restaurateur who has recently (two months ago) rebuilt a bathroom for friends of mine and they were delighted with the work he did. That involved digging up the floor and relaying it so that water no longer ran under the door to the landing but to the drain at the opposite end of the room / moving sanitary ware from its original position to the opposite wall / constructing a new walk-in shower enclosure and installing a new shower / tiling, etc. My pal was also very happy with the price.

When we bought our first house here, a single storey stone cottage, the same builder renovated that and built on an entire three bedroom + bathroom first floor and did a very good job. We had no problems with the building during the ten years we lived there.
If you want to speak to him, Manolis Trulos, you may need to speak some Greek if his wife or one of his (adult) children aren't around. You'll find him at the Parasia Taverna in Vamos on the road to Kaina. By all means mention my name and "from Tsivaras". 28250 83246 Mob. 6970 548370 I think those are still current numbers. In winter I think the taverna is only open in the evening Tues-Sunday and maybe Sunday lunchtime.

Guy M

Postby Guy M » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 am

I don’t know about his building skills, but he runs a fine taverna,

STEVE.W

Postby STEVE.W » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:15 am

Terzis alongside the National Road not too far from the Metro Wholesaler has a wide range of tiles and bathroom furniture amongst other things, very reasonable, good quality and service http://www.terzisae.gr/en/
Expat TV Services & Setup - PM for details

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 am

If you are going to Terzis it might also be worth going onto the Omalos road. About 1.4 km from the Omalos Road/National Road junction, going towards Omalos, there is quite a large bathroom/kitchen shop on the left hand side.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:51 am

Some friends in Kokkino Chorio have just had their bathroom done by a guy called Manolis Chatzakis, I can ask them for his contact details if you are interested.

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Guy M wrote:I don’t know about his building skills, but he runs a fine taverna,
I'd say they're on a par. He did such a good job for my friends that they ran out of things to say in praise of him. As it happens, both we and they agree with you about the taverna.

Cambia

Postby Cambia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Sorry yes, should have said we are in Apokoronas!

Cambia

Postby Cambia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:12 pm

Thank you everyone, can certainly agree about Parassia!

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”