Where to purchase a Pressure Washer in Chania

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Dansam

Where to purchase a Pressure Washer in Chania

Postby Dansam » Sun May 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Would welcome info on where we could purchase a Pressure Washer at a reasonable price in Chania.

Jeffstclair

Re: Where to purchase a Pressure Washer in Chania

Postby Jeffstclair » Sun May 12, 2019 8:00 pm

There is one for sale on this site ....

Mandraek

Postby Mandraek » Sun May 12, 2019 9:15 pm

e-shop.gr

use chrome to translate

https://www.e-shop.gr/plystika-mixanimata

pickup point in Chania is:
https://goo.gl/maps/BGbWQEvibJjuU8jo9

or

Sxetakis but only sells Karcher, generally more expensive than Nilfisk

https://goo.gl/maps/XsBa5wnssGSkjwnd8

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun May 12, 2019 11:09 pm

I bought my Nilfisk one from e-shop as a package deal with some extra attachments. The floor scrubber attachment was broken when it arrived. It took months to get a replacement, which was also broken. It must have been getting on for a year after I bought it before I got a working part. As far as I can tell the problem was poor customer service from Nilfisk not from e-shop. Having said that the jet washer itself works very well and was a lot cheaper than the equivalent Karcher.

Warwick

hairybloke

Postby hairybloke » Tue May 14, 2019 7:52 am

Coincidence, DanSam, I was researching pressure washers on Sunday too! We've been waiting for them to come back in Lidl - we don't want to spend too much as we only use it once or twice a year - and we're pleased with our previous Lidl one, which finally gave up the ghost after eight years. We can wait no longer, so this is what I (think I) discovered on e-shop: ordering from lowest price first, the Einhell, Nilfisk, Karcher, Nilfisk get poor (often 1* reviews) on other websites (eg Amazon) over the last few months.* They didn't work, or only worked once or twice before things broke. I didn't like the Bosch 100's little gun, but both this and the Bosch 110 get good reviews. They don't have wheels and a rather mean 3m hose.

(* We once ordered a 4.5* product from Amazon, only for it to be absolute rubbish. Then read the 1* reviews, which were all recent. Never again!)

I wish there was a place to hire tools here - is there? I'd happily pay 10e or 15e a day to hire a beast of a machine once a year, and then not have it taking up space and being its own little muck magnet for the other 364 days. Business venture, anyone?!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue May 14, 2019 8:55 am

HSS have a number of tool hire stores around Greece but, unfortunately, not on Crete. I don't know whether it is possible to get something sent from one of the mainland depots to Crete but you could contact them and ask. It might be possible for smaller items. When I worked in northern Greece we often hired equipment from one of the Thessaloniki branches and they had a good range of equipment.

There used to be a small tool hire shop on Kissamou on the way into Chania but it closed down. Somewhere near Voi Noi shoe shop on the opposite side. They had very little equipment and it was pretty expensive. I enquired about hiring a cement mixer and a week's hire was about the same as buying a low cost one from the tool shop where IKA is now.

Warwick

PS I bought the Nilfisk C110 from e-shop back in 2013 and it is still going strong. The package included a car wash attachment as well as the tools shown in the link. The problem with the floor scrubber was the skirt. A non rotating flat circular brush attaches to the outside of the plastic skirt. Effectively the attachment rides on this brush. The cleaning action is a rotating bar with two jets inside the skirt. The first two I received both had broken clips on the plastic skirt, which is pretty thin, so the brush could not be attached properly. I got so used to using the various wand jets while waiting for a replacement scrubber that I virtually never use it now I have a working one. I find I mostly use the wide flat jet. Covers a big area quickly if the soiling is light and you can make it more powerful simply by moving closer for heavily soiled bits. It is powerful enough to completely shred fly screens if you are not careful.

Dansam

Postby Dansam » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:32 pm

Thank you all so much for all your useful info. We finally purchased one from a paint supplier, yes that correct, in Tavronitis. It was a Michelin, cost 186 euros. The one we had previously was purchased from Lidl, and we would have purchased another if available, however I earned brownie points as my husband is a very happy chappie with his new toy and would recommend it to anyone. Performed much better than the Lidl washer. Thanks again.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”