wanted: Air-Con Servicing

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Jamesbloke

wanted: Air-Con Servicing

Postby Jamesbloke » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 pm

I need to arrange an air conditioning engineer for between 24th-31st July in Gavalohori to service/re-gas AC units.

The AC units (x2) are Electrolux, I think, and one doesn't cool the air anymore. I don't have more details until the 24th.

Please PM me.

Thanks.

Yin&Yang

Re: wanted: Air-Con Servicing

Postby Yin&Yang » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:54 am

Have sent you a PM.
Someday is now : )

thebigbluecheese

Postby thebigbluecheese » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:58 pm

I can never understand when someone posts that they want a service done or need to buy something , or need help with something here in Crete and they get the " I've sent you a PM " reply ... I thought this forum was set up to help people living in Crete ... Why not post the contact details of the trade person etc etc so that members can all benefit

peebee

Postby peebee » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:43 pm

thebigbluecheese wrote:I can never understand when someone posts that they want a service done or need to buy something , or need help with something here in Crete and they get the " I've sent you a PM " reply ... I thought this forum was set up to help people living in Crete ... Why not post the contact details of the trade person etc etc so that members can all benefit

Possibly because the tax man may be watching :-)

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:45 pm

I simply responded to the request to send a PM and have posted the plumbers details before I'm pretty sure, but for clarity my plumber is called Kostas and he is from my village. He doesn't speak English but if you need to, his wife and his workmate do.

His telephone number is 6992442885.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Having carried a cursory search of all my posts for at least the past year, I hold my hands up and apologise, I don't seem to have passed on my plumber's details in the recent past. I have however provided forum members regularly with contact information throughout my time on the Forum and I hope that the bigbluecheese will accept my aplogies on this occasion.

Lynn

thebigbluecheese

Postby thebigbluecheese » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:54 pm

No need to apologise Lynn , it was a general comment . Living in Crete has helped lots of people with information being shared . I can see why you responded with a PM as the poster asked for a PM , but it does annoy me when information that would benefit others is squirrelled away within a private message . .. Maybe peebee is right the dark forces may be monitoring this site ha ha

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:10 pm

:lol:

Jamesbloke

Postby Jamesbloke » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:26 am

Thank you Lynn/Yin&Yang.

In fairness, I asked for a PM because I got the impression from other posts that is what one does and I didn't fancy leaving my email address on a public forum. I didn't realise it would be a controversial request!
Thanks again.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:47 am

You are welcome Jamesbloke :)

I hope that Kostas can be of assistance. His prices I think are very decent and we are always happy with his work.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:19 am

Jamesbloke wrote:...In fairness, I asked for a PM because I got the impression from other posts that is what one does...

Really it depends what the post is about. If, for example, you are asking for information about a contractor of some sort or where you can source some item it is better to let people just reply on the forum because, as thebigbluecheese says, the information could be useful to other people. If, on the other hand, you were trying to sell something you might say something like "PM me for further information" because the further information is only of any interest to someone who is considering buying whatever you are selling.

Jamesbloke wrote:... and I didn't fancy leaving my email address on a public forum...

I agree it is best not to leave your email address on the forum. I never do, even in a disguised form, e.g. fredsmith at gmail dot com. If I was posting an email address of someone like a contractor I would do that in disguised form. In the case above where you are selling something you might say "If you PM me your email address I will send you photographs". There are a number of members of this forum who have my email address because they sent me a PM with a question that they didn't want to discus on an open forum, e.g. a specific tax question. I usually send them my email address back by PM because it is easier to hold a discussion with email than with PMs. The PM mail boxes are pretty restricted and soon fill up.

Jamesbloke wrote:...I didn't realise it would be a controversial request!...

Not really "controversial". Thebigbluecheese was just suggesting a better way to do it. On a forum you have to accept that some comments may appear critical when in reality the poster is just putting a different point of view. Try to just take them at face value.

Warwick

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:54 am

Warwick, have sent you a PM

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:33 am

QSL or 10-4 if you prefer.

Warwick

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”