Boost water pressure in shower

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
johnincrete

Boost water pressure in shower

Postby johnincrete » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:31 pm

In my new rented house, the water pressure in the shower is low. Is there any device that can be attached to boost the flow?

Kilkis

Re: Boost water pressure in shower

Postby Kilkis » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:58 pm

There are pumped shower fittings that can be installed. UK versions are designed to be fed from a header tank so I am not sure if they would work on the Greek water system where the water is fed directly to the taps from the mains. They are designed to be plumbed in so you would need to get a plumber to come out and advise. I am not aware of anything you could install yourself on the shower outlet.

Warwick

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:15 pm

Thanks as ever KIlkis

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:27 pm

We have a pump situated next to our water tanks, above our land, which is there to increase our water pressure and it’s extremely effective. We had it installed by a plumber at the time of building the house.
Someday is now : )

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:44 am

johnincrete wrote:In my new rented house, the water pressure in the shower is low. Is there any device that can be attached to boost the flow?

You don't say whether the pressure is low to all the outlets or just the shower. If it's just the shower, it might indicate a problem that might not be solved by adding a pump. If all the outlets have low pressure, then pumping the whole house supply would probably be a good solution, as Yin&Yang mentions. Our is all pumped too and very happy with it. They can be noisy though, so think about where and how it is installed.

Andrew

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:05 pm

YoMo2 wrote: Our is all pumped too and very happy with it. They can be noisy though, so think about where and how it is installed.

Andrew

....... and in doing so, spare a thought for your neighbours! We live close to a holiday rental property and although thankfully business there has been abysmal, when the pump for their tank is going, it's B****Y noisy - especially when they come in at 2am and then head for the shower before bed! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”