DEH payment

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
BST

DEH payment

Postby BST » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:31 pm

I've just read that you can't pay bills at the bank now due to restrictions. Does anyone know if you can pay over the phone please? We haven't got online banking here.

Midlander

Re: DEH payment

Postby Midlander » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:07 pm

You can pay most utility bills at SYNKA supermarkets.I pay my DEH and Nova bills there. Hope this helps.

BST

Postby BST » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Thankyou!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:36 pm

A friend was faced with a situation a couple of days ago that she needed to pay a bill that was too big to use her card and she didn't have online banking. It took her about five minutes online to register for online banking and make the payment. It does depend a bit which bank you are with but I think the four big ones, Alpha, Eurobank, NBG and Piraeus allow online registration and are all easy to use. Pancretan Bank operates in English but Cooperative Bank of Chania still only operates in Greek so it depends how fluent you are. You have to register in a branch for online banking with both cooperative banks, you can't do it online.

Warwick

PS I think you can also pay most bills at an ATM using your bank card. I've never done it so I can't give details but I would guess that you just need the payment code.

PPS You can still pay at a post office I think?

PPPS I think you will need a mobile phone whose number is already registered with the bank and/or email address already registered with the bank to register online for online banking. They will use them to do security checks.

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:47 am

Is "driving from home to where I can use the internet to pay a bill" one of the reasons that can be used now?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:10 am

Don't you have Internet at home? If not how are you posting on LiC? I am not sure why you would need to drive somewhere to use it to pay a bill.

Since going to the bank is a valid reason I presume going to any ATM to pay a bill would also be a valid reason. Since going to the supermarket is a valid reason I would imagine paying the bill at a supermarket when you are buying essential supplies would also be a valid reason.

Post Offices don't seem to be mentioned anywhere. Is the postal service still working or has it shut down? If it is still working I think the Post Office acts as a bank so I presume it would be OK to go to one to pay a bill.

I am not sure where else you would go to pay a bill?

Warwick

Phild

Postby Phild » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:30 am

Post Offices are still working and still allowing people to pay bills there, as of yesterday at least.

Personally, I am praying for the day when Post Offices follow the Bank's example and stop allowing people to pay bills there. In normal times, our PO is rammed with people paying bills - these days, trying to get in to pick up a parcel is an impossible feat!
----
Phil
----

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”