Roof repairs

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
jane clayton

Roof repairs

Postby jane clayton » Tue May 30, 2017 9:56 am

Recommendations for someone to repair our tiled roof please - we're about 15km from Hania. Thanks

filippos

Re: Roof repairs

Postby filippos » Tue May 30, 2017 10:38 am

I'd recommend a Russian who roofed a holiday apartment we had built some years ago. The only contact detail I have now is a mobile number 6949 144 502 which I hope is still active. (Details are sparse as I lost some records in a computer crash about five years ago.) While constructing the new roof he also fixed a leak in the main house roof that had supposedly been fixed by three previous contractors. Victor's repair was still OK when we sold the property five years later.
He's actually a (Russian) qualified architect and when he came to Crete around 2000 and roof construction was about his only manual skill. Over the years he's acquired an excellent reputation as a builder and has established his own company.
I think he works mainly in Apokoronas area but will probably travel reasonable distances if necessary. I know he's still around as I met him in Kalyves a couple of weeks ago.

jane clayton

Postby jane clayton » Tue May 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks Filippos, but his number must have changed as the message says 'the number you have called does not correspond to a subscriber'. If anyone else knows how to contact him please let me know. Thanks JC

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue May 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Apologies, Jane, put it down to age. The correct number is 6946 144 502.
Trawled through the pile of old business cards I keep and found Viktor's. Had to go to Zilimbinakis (Maria's) for something and asked them as that's where I'd seen V a few days ago. They checked his card against their records, "this is definitely his number: I used it two days ago." Home again I checked my previous post and spotted the mistake.
Old age,m eh!

jane clayton

Postby jane clayton » Wed May 31, 2017 1:53 pm

That's the one; spoke to Viktor's daughter who said he'll contact us to see if it's a feasible job for him. Fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”