House insurance

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
YoMo2

House insurance

Postby YoMo2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:45 am

Just had a renewal quote for my property insurance from Intasure. Not happy with yet another increase. Any recommendations for sensibly priced property insurance? I'll be checking out InterAmerican and ATE. Any thoughts?

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

moved 2 crete

Re: House insurance

Postby moved 2 crete » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:24 pm

ATE gave us a good quote far better than Inter-American who we were with last time Stephanos our agent said that they had to lower their rates to be competitive... :D
Dave H

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:42 pm

stephanoskatsifarakis@yahoo.gr A.T.E insurance company, actually lowered our insurance this year.

Cant recommend him enough.

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Well said moggieman Stephanos is the best, just a question are you a cat lover because where we came from a moggie was a cat, we have 12 cats since we came here 12 years ago so we must be moggiepeople. :?: :D
Dave H

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Sounds good. I will pop in to Piraeus Bank tomorrow. I assume they will be offering ATE insurance since they took over ATE Bank. They have been pestering me to look at their home insurance.

Andrew

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:12 pm

moved 2 crete. Not a cat lover but a Morgan car fanatic.

YoMo2 Wouldnt go into Piraeus Bank would email Stephanos and go and see him, far better service.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:02 pm

It's a bit far to just pop into Stephanos' office from Milatos, Moggieman. It would be worth contacting him by email though. ATE insrance is part of Ergo group and Munich Re, not part of Piraeus bank. If he can'arrange it himself he can probably refer you to an ATE Insurance office nearer to Milatos.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Stephanos has given us excellent service for several years for both house and car insurance. He can almost certainly arrange things for you via e-mail. Very efficient and friendly.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Thanks all for the suggestions. I will still pop into Piraeus Bank to check out their package, but now I know , (thanks Warwick), that ATE insurance is no longer part of Piraeus Bank, I will not make a total prawn of myself.....

I will also email Stephanos to see if he can help, although he is the wrong end of the island for a face to face transaction.

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:04 pm

If you put ATE Insurance Greece into a Google search it should appear as the first item found with an option to translate into English. Part way down the menu is an item "Network ATE Insurance". Click on that and then on "Sales Offices" and it lists the main offices in Greece. There are certainly offices in Heraklion and ierepetra. They also use agents and brokers but they are not listed. Stephanos may be able to recommend an agent or broker closer to you than the main offices. If you do consider using Piraeus check who underwrites them. Intasure is underwritten by Lloyds of London so pretty safe. ATE is underwritten by Munich Re so also solid. Some Greek insurers are not so well supported. I don't know about Piraeus.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Interesting. We have used Stephanos and ATE for a long time now, and I can highly recommend him as a person.

However, we have just changed our car for a new one and discovered that because I am over 70, ATE will no longer insure me for fully comprehensive insurance! Had I not changed the car, that would be OK and they would continue to insure me. Changing the car has made a great difference.

Apparently ATE (at least for car insurance) has been taken over by Ergo. Since 1 May this year, their policy has been that anyone over the age of 70 can only use them for 3rd party insurance. Comprehensive is no longer available!

Question: I was was under the impression that in Greece, it is the car which is insured, and not the driver. As long as the driver has a valid driving licence, he/she is able to drive any vehicle within the limits imposed by the licence.

So, does this mean Ergo is now moving to the more usual (Western Europe etc) kind of insurance that actually insures the DRIVER, rather than the VEHICLE?

But if you are under 70 - go for it. Stephanos is a nice guy!

Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:18 pm

I renewed my car insurance with ATE at the beginning of May, when I was just short of my 75th birthday. The renewal notice came with a booklet from ERGO confirming completion of the takeover. The car was exactly one year old at renewal and the cover remains comprehensive, as last year with the premium within €5 of last year's.
Bob, is the car a new 'new' car or a used one that's new to you. If the latter could the age of the vehicle be relevant. If the former either I've got lucky or you've been unlucky.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:01 pm

filippos wrote:I renewed my car insurance with ATE at the beginning of May, when I was just short of my 75th birthday. The renewal notice came with a booklet from ERGO confirming completion of the takeover. The car was exactly one year old at renewal and the cover remains comprehensive, as last year with the premium within €5 of last year's.
Bob, is the car a new 'new' car or a used one that's new to you. If the latter could the age of the vehicle be relevant. If the former either I've got lucky or you've been unlucky.

Yes Phil, it is a new, new car. Only done 3km when I bought it! Straight off the ferry. Guess you got lucky! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”