Marble, mosaic or tiled tables

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
chrissyg

Marble, mosaic or tiled tables

Postby chrissyg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Found just about everything in Crete for our new villa and transporting stuff over that I haven't.
One thing I was hoping to find was a good selection of outdoor furniture especially marble topped tables which I thought would be abundant in these parts. Obviously would be too expensive to ship and I have seen great stuff here with reasonable prices in the UK like EuropeLeisure mosaic tables but they don't ship.
Anyone know of anywhere in the West of Crete (chania area pref) that does this sort of thing?

mouche

Re: Marble, mosaic or tiled tables

Postby mouche » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:18 pm

We have bought ours at Piscines in Kalyves but make sure to buy tables that don't rust!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Also for outside tables I would suggest granite rather than marble. Marble marks more easily. I bought a marble one from Simple City about 10 years ago but I am not sure if it is a regular stock item. They aren't half heavy to move about.

Warwick.

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:07 pm

Yeah granite weighs a tonne, i didnt see much in simple city when i looked, where could i find a granite one? I have a black granite coffee table here in uk and i love it. Wouldnt be suitable for outdoors though, wooden legs.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:25 pm

I don't know, I've never looked, as the actress said to the bishop. I think I might be inclined to ask a blacksmith to make a frame, in Inox if possible, and then get someone to make a granite top to fit the frame. Many of the places advertising marble and granite make kitchen worktops and a table top wouldn't be that dissimilar. Ray, who used to post on here a lot, had some beautiful granite worktops made by someone near the Souda exit from the New National Highway. Mainly black but with blue sparkles.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:08 am

There's a marble fabricator on the Kalyves/Armenoi road quite close to the exit from the Ethniki.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”