Rental of flipchart easels?

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Rolf

Rental of flipchart easels?

Postby Rolf » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:54 am

Hello,

together with a bunch of friends, I'm organizing, for mid-July, #AgileCrete - an unconference. It's already taking place the 4th time, but sadly, our venue hotel has informed us they can no longer provide flipchart easels (like this one), and flipchart paper pads.

Which left me a bit clueless. No amount of online research turned up information about a reliable rental company that could supply office furniture like this, on Crete (specifically, near Heraklion); since I'm living in Germany, my options for research are a bit limited. I'd be thankful for any pointer to such a rental company.

Cheers, and thank you a lot in advance for any information you can provide,
Rolf

Kilkis

Re: Rental of flipchart easels?

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:43 am

You can buy one from Amazon Germany for €50. Not sure of shipping cost from Germany to Crete but from the UK for the same product it is about £15. See for example this one or put flipchart ständer into the Amazon search bar for other alternatives. If you ordered flipcharts at the same time the postage probably wouldn't increase that much. It looks like you have about 25 attendees so they would only need to contribute about €3 each. If anyone was local they might be able to take it and store it for the next conference?

Warwick

PS Brought back lots of memories. It must be over 40 years since I used a flipchart.

Rolf

Postby Rolf » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Thank you, Kilkis!

Kilkis wrote:You can buy one from Amazon Germany for €50. ...

That's an option I was thinking about and I'd love to have a more sustainable one.

Kilkis wrote:PS Brought back lots of memories. It must be over 40 years since I used a flipchart.

Welcome to the future. :wink: "Going analog" is the latest fad, actually! :lol:

Cheers,
Rolf

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:42 pm

Rolf wrote:
Kilkis wrote:PS Brought back lots of memories. It must be over 40 years since I used a flipchart.

Welcome to the future. :wink: "Going analog" is the latest fad, actually!

My son, a fully paid up geek since the BBC 'B', has always maintained that his best 'gadget' purchase, made in about 1985/6, was a "Contacts" device: an address book which he still uses.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Since I wrote my first computer programme in 1967/68 almost exactly 50 years ago and I was still writing large, equipment-control programmes up to 17 years ago I suppose I do tend to err on the tech side.

Warwick

Rolf

[Solved] Re: Rental of flipchart easels?

Postby Rolf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:08 pm

In case somebody arrives here, having the same problem: We've ordered flipchart easels at e-kybos.gr, who happen to have an office at Heraklion.

Thanks for your support!
Rolf

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”