Fly Screens

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
asprogirl

Fly Screens

Postby asprogirl » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Some of my fly screens need replacing, any one know of fly screen replacers/repairers in the Kalives,Chania area please,thanks

peebee

Re: Fly Screens

Postby peebee » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:31 pm

If it is just the mesh that needs replacing, the hardware shop in Kalyves (opposite Kritiko taverna) sells it in various widths.

asprogirl

Postby asprogirl » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:15 pm

thanks, but to do it yourself you need to dismantle from the window and it seems for that you need a special square screw driver which I haven't been able to find anywhere, including B&Q ect in the UK

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:40 pm

I imagine a decent tool shop here would have such screwdrivers. I'm not surprised that shops in the UK don't sell them as there can't be much demand; how many houses do you know in the UK that have fly screens?
On the other hand the screws in the screens might be relatively common 'security' fitting with specially shaped slots which are quite often used in vehicles and other applications to deter amateurs from taking things apart. Many toolkits, however, do have screwdrivers with interchangeable heads to fit various types of screws and bolts.

peebee

Postby peebee » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:20 pm

asprogirl wrote:thanks, but to do it yourself you need to dismantle from the window and it seems for that you need a special square screw driver which I haven't been able to find anywhere, including B&Q ect in the UK

The hardware shop sells 3 different sized square screwdriver bits, around €0.70 each

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi Asprogirl. I have sent you a PM.

Warwick

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:13 am

The company who made our windows and flyscreens may be able to do them for you. They are in Kalyves behind one of the tavernas at the Kiani Akti beach. Try Giorgos on 697 212 6354.
Someday is now : )

asprogirl

Postby asprogirl » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:05 am

thanks for replies, forgot about that hardware store in Kalives, successfully got a square bit to fit window, although it looks more complicated than expected to replace the retractable fly screen

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”