English speaking accountant

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Sinkingslowly

English speaking accountant

Postby Sinkingslowly » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Could anyone help me with finding a good English speaking accountant in the Makry Gialos / Ierapetra area?
I've tried searching on the forum but most people appear to be around Chania.

SatCure

Re: English speaking accountant in the Makry Gialos / Ierapetra area

Postby SatCure » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:39 pm

If I were you, I wouldn't live there. :wink:

But, seriously, I'm sure there must be one, simply because accountants are generally well-educated and such an education usually includes English. (You might get more useful replies if you state your area in the original message title.)

Kilkis

Re: English speaking accountant

Postby Kilkis » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:42 am

You don't just need an accountant who can speak English. You need one who has detailed knowledge of the interaction between the Greek tax system and that of the UK or other EU countries.

Most Greek accountants understand the Greek system as it applies to Greek citizens but only have a passing understanding of other tax regimes. That is not a criticism, as most UK accountants would similarly have very little knowledge of the Greek system. If you are living and working here and have no income outside Greece it doesn't really matter, since you are effectively the same as any other Greek citizen. I was in that position for many years and was happy to use a local accountant who knew nothing about the UK tax system. Once I started to have predominantly UK income while still living in Greece it became very important to have an accountant who understands both systems.

Sorry I can't help with a recommendation, I am part of the West End crowd.

Warwick

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:20 pm

Well, as an East End boy I might be able to recommend someone in Sitia (it's only 50 mins or so from your neck of the woods.) If you want to send me a PM I'll give you the details.

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:39 am

Mixos wrote:If you want to send me a PM I'll give you the details.

Out of interest, why won't you post basic details here? That way everyone can see it - even those who look for such info. in the future.

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Well OK, I'm perfectly happy to do that, but I just thought it would avoid more verbiage on the forum. So far Sinkingslowly hasn't PM'd me anyway, but if anyone else is interested, the accountant is Manolis Psikarakis, Piskokefalou Avenue 4, 72300 Sitia. email: psikarakis@otenet.gr He deals with quite a few Brits in the Sitia area, both tax-resident and non tax-resident. He and his wife speak English and either or both of them will be in the office every day, which is located mid way between the roundabout at the bottom of the hill near the National Bank and the traffic lights by the bus station, on the opposite side of the road from the museum car park.
Last edited by Mixos on Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinkingslowly

Postby Sinkingslowly » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Mixos wrote:So far Sinkingslowly hasn't PM'd me anyway,.

I did PM you, or at least I thought I had :-)

Something must have gone wrong.

I am interested, please don't think that I was ignoring your offer :-)

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:42 am

No, I wasn't thinking that. Just assumed you hadn't been on the forum for a while. If you'd like me to forewarn him that you might wish to use his services I can pop in to see him next week and tell him another ex-pat will be calling in. Give me any further details - your name? - you might wish me to pass on to him, by PM (assuming it works this time!)

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”