english speaking cardiologist

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
johnincrete

english speaking cardiologist

Postby johnincrete » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 am

can you recommend a cardiologist, preferably in chania but will travel for a good one

Kilkis

Re: english speaking cardiologist

Postby Kilkis » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:16 pm

I've used Manolis Aliferakis for a stress test and he seems OK. Certainly speaks good English. I've also used the cardiologist in Gavralakis clinic on Marko Botsari for an ECG plus report and he also speaks English. Gavralakis may be a bit more expensive but not excessively so and they have loads of other diagnostics on the premises if he decides he wants further tests, e.g. Ultrasound, CAT and MRI scanners plus blood tests etc.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:49 pm

I posted a recommendation here - http://www.livingincrete.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=8527 - about three years ago re: my consultation with an excellent cardiologist. What I didn't mention in that post was his fluent English.

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 am

thanks for suggestions
Appointment made for me by daughter on recommendation from hospital. Thorough test showed perfect heart and circulation!

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:53 am

Excellent news!
Someday is now : )

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:43 am

I have spent many hours waiting at the hospital and in other places to have a vast range of tests. As a retired person, it is no big deal but my daughter who always accompanied me is trying to make an honest living teaching Greek children to speak English has to make big sacrifices to care for me.

I am in a something of a quandary. The medics who diagnosed and then operated on my bowel cancer and who are now treating a by-product were and are second to none: I often say that my age and the fact that I have diabetes and am overweight would preclude me from getting diagnosed and cured in UK. The same medics were amazed that there is now no trace of cancer in my body and I think, perhaps, the raft of tests I am having is just in case something got missed so it's all because of their diligence. But, nevertheless, the announcement of yet another test annoys me and yet again I have to juggle very limited finances to pay to be told I am OK and my daughter is struggling to manage the timetable to allow her to visit her daughter studying in UK whose career as an international soccer player is in peril and who is waiting - and waiting - and waiting - for an operation.

AS a Christian, I believe what the Bible says. The Apostle Paul once talked of the vast range of problems he was going through but he pointed out the "secret" was to be content with whatever situation he was in. How I try to follow his example and my annoyance at the brilliant medical care annoys me!
So illogical!

I am so privileged to live on this wonderful island, to enjoy the beauty of the sea and mountains and to have access to such wonderful food and have a pension that allows me to live modestly and pay my bills. I hate being so ungrateful for excellent medical care. AS my school reports so often said "must do better"!

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”