Bicycle Shop in Kalyves

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Kamisiana

Re: Bicycle Shop in Kalyves

Postby Kamisiana » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:45 am

I see your point Warwick but for me it is not all about price I want what I want if it costs a bit more so be it,I tried to get the
Panasonic NN-CF873SBPQ combination micro here in the past and last week but gave up.
My current 15 year old Panasonic Dimension 4 that has been used 7 days a week for that time and has just started to make some odd sounds it is used to grill roast and micro allsorts the oven gets to 200 in 5 mins where as the Siltal that we we got 10 years ago has allways taken about 30mins so the cooker is going and just the combi and hob from now.
For me the last straw for being told what to have was 18 months ago when I ordered a new car after months of research into the last nut and bolt ordered car from VAG group this was a brand new model the colour for me was decided on Crete weather lots of orange dust so wanted honey gold colour, sales reps did not like that colour but my money my car deposit payed, one week later we have a problem sir that colour has been discontinued why dont you have this nice dark grey colour it is very popular in crete so went along with it but have since looked at brouchers honey gold still there you dont launch a new model then discontinue the colour a few weeks later only in Greece as they say.
I am at this time having the same problem with a new kitchen sink,why do you want that one sir, :roll: think I will get some Nomad shares

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:26 pm

It is certainly true of products in general that, for whatever reasons, manufacturers do not make all models available in all markets. If you want a specific model then you can obviously only buy it from a country where the manufacturer has made it available. As far as I can see Panasonic do not sell the model you wanted in Greece. In fact, if you go to the Greek Panasonic web site and click on the "Consumer" button it would appear that Panasonic are not interested in marketing white goods at all in Greece. If you click on the same button on the UK web site you do get a Home Appliances choice. It is a bit unfair to blame Greek shopkeepers for Panasonics decision to not really want to sell white goods here?

Warwick

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:39 pm

Thats it then Nomad every time for me, even more so now as they are transporting small 1 cubic ft boxes for 10 pounds you can get a lot small expensive items in a box that size.
Plus you dont have to drive to Xania - park - wear out your shoes looking for something you can not get, and just spend 20 mins on the PC for order to be delivered Nomad then off to Vamos pick your goods up with the bonus of getting a kilo of good bacon and sausages.

The sink I want a PYRAMIS Amalita Plus 100x50 1B 1D (107123901) Sagre Made In GREECE.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:23 pm

This one? Seems to be readily available at €145 plus a bit for delivery from loads of suppliers in Greece. I think it is available in different finishes and the ones shown in the link are the wrong one but you could try phoning some of the companies listed to see if you can get exactly what you want.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:13 pm

I can't remember the model now but I bought a PYRAMIS brand sink for our old house from Zilimbinakis in Kalyves, opposite the petrol station on the road towards Armenoi, about 140m after the bike shop. If they don't have the model required in stock I'm sure they'll order one. They generally have a good range of stock as they supply many local builders and associated trades.

P.S. On the subject of appliances I know from experience that Expert deliver washing machines, fridge freezers etc., without charge for delivery and install to Kalyves nor do they charge to take the old items away. The same applied when we bought a replacement oven and hob.

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Thank you Warwick for comparison site .
Went to AKPON. A .E. today Souda Rd just past or before Suzuki dealers,
ordered sink for monday delivery bit more expensive than online but delivery from mainland Greece is 40 euros so thats about the same rate as Nomad would have charged from the UK.
AKPON seems a good company large showrooms a bit like City plumbing or Plumbcenter inthe uk .

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Agree about AKRON. Bought from there 2 or 3 times. Good range of sanitary-ware, plumbing goods, tiles etc., and very helpful. A few years they managed to get us a new seat for an Armitage Shanks toilet, part of a suite that had been discontinued for at least ten years. There wasn't an alternative as it was quite large and essentially rectangular and nowhere could find anything else to fit. Well, an alternative would have been a new toilet with a more conventional shape.

P&B

Postby P&B » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 pm

I started this thread to get some information on bicycle shops and stockists in the Chania area. I think I've learnt more about kitchen sinks and sanitary ware than I have bikes. I hope this information comes in useful in the future :lol:

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”