They say change your mattress after 8 years

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
johnincrete

They say change your mattress after 8 years

Postby johnincrete » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:09 pm

I have had my mattress for over 8 years and, according to reports in the press, I should change it. I do sometimes wake up with aches and pains but have no difficulty at all in falling to sleep.

Can anyone recommend a supplier in Chania and tell me how much I should budget? It's a double bed

P&B

Re: They say change your mattress after 8 years

Postby P&B » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:27 pm

We recently purchased 2 king size mattresses from Simple City in Chania. We got a cheaper one for guests for about EUR160 and another for ourselves for around EUR350. The latter is more comfortable, has a topper attached and is much deeper but is very difficult to find sheets that cover it.

You can also get mattresses at Ikea for similar prices to Simple City and at Coco Mat for considerably more if you want to spend the money.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue May 01, 2018 11:09 am

I think we used our first bed for about 20 years before we replaced it. Clearly bed manufacturers have a vested interest in recommending that you change more often. There is a Mediastrom shop on the corner of Agnostou Gogoni and Kissamou and I think they make matresses.

Warwick

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Fri May 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks all

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”