Vietnamese Rice Paper Wraps

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
P&B

Vietnamese Rice Paper Wraps

Postby P&B » Thu May 31, 2018 8:19 pm

Does anyone know of a store that would sell Vietnamese Rice Paper Wraps in the Chaina area.

I'm looking for a product similar to this... http://longdan.co.uk/?mod=prod&go=2&gro ... 09&id=1197

filippos

Re: Vietnamese Rice Paper Wraps

Postby filippos » Thu May 31, 2018 8:53 pm

P&B wrote:Does anyone know of a store that would sell Vietnamese Rice Paper Wraps in the Chaina area.

Depends where you are. If you mean Chania area is that east or west of? There's a shop called Toko in Kalyves which I'd think is the best bet. The couple who run it sell a wide range of Far Eastern food items. The husband is, I think, Indonesian. If you're near Kaina you're only 10 minutes from Toko. If somewhere like Alikianos, west of Xania, it could take you an hour, especially with tourist season traffic.

P&B

Postby P&B » Thu May 31, 2018 9:13 pm

Toko in Kalyves would be handy for me. I've been in a few times but never specifically looked for rice paper wraps. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

Thanks for the steer.

STEVE.W

Postby STEVE.W » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:18 am

I agree with Filippos, Toku just up from the square in Kalyves stock a wide range of Far Eastern products and a lovely, helpful couple who run it. Have a look in the freezer at the rear of the shop, I am sure you will find them there, if not the rice paper specifically, I know they always have the frozen spring roll wrappers which would be a good alternative.
Expat TV Services & Setup - PM for details

Mandraek

Postby Mandraek » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:50 am

You could give Marina a ring to check

Tel: (+30) 69-7935-7995

Tel: (+30 28250-33142

E-mail: blauwatlantis@hotmail.com

Post address
Toko Kreta
P.o box 41
73003 Kalives,