Motorcycle tyres

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
peebee

Motorcycle tyres

Postby peebee » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Does anyone have a recommendation for m/c tyre suppliers / fitters in the Apokoronas area.
Guy at KTEO this morning said I should get my front tyre changed as it is 8 yrs old, didn't seen ar$ed with the rear which is the same age :-)

filippos

Re: Motorcycle tyres

Postby filippos » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:47 pm

peebee wrote:Does anyone have a recommendation for m/c tyre suppliers / fitters in the Apokoronas area.
Guy at KTEO this morning said I should get my front tyre changed as it is 8 yrs old, didn't seen ar$ed with the rear which is the same age :-)

Doesn't Kostas at the big shed on the right of the Kalami road (about 250m after the turn to Stylos) do m/c tyres. He's been very helpful to me with car tyres and I'm pretty sure I've seen scooters taken there.

As for the front/rear difference the KTEO man probably thinks a front wheel blow-out is more dangerous than a rear.

peebee

Postby peebee » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:33 pm

filippos wrote:Doesn't Kostas at the big shed on the right of the Kalami road (about 250m after the turn to Stylos) do m/c tyres.
As for the front/rear difference the KTEO man probably thinks a front wheel blow-out is more dangerous than a rear.

Never thought of him for tyres - he does my car servicing.
Still got the UK mindset of going to a tyre shop :-)
Thought the same about front blow out.

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Also I think George does too. On the Armenoi road, just before the highway bridge. Left hand side. A large vertical road side sign saying Continental.

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Quite right Kookla. When I wrote my first post I included George and Michalis who's a bit further along the road, on the right just past the Highway junction, near the little church. Then I edited that post and must have accidentally deleted the other suggestions.

George repaired a tyre for me about 14 years ago using the "vulcanising" process. Even back then I thought Vulcanising had died out but last time I looked (probably 3-6 months ago) I think George still displays the sign though that won't help peebee.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”