UK TV,LIVE & CATCHUP

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Phild

Re: UK TV,LIVE & CATCHUP

Postby Phild » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Hello everybody! Long time no see!

Now that a year has gone by since the last comments on this thread, I thought I'd resurrect it to ask if there are any new developments on the TV catchup scene.

I have seen that My Private Network has merged with Le VPN since the last comment - does anyone have any comments on the Le VPN service? Trustpilot seems to show many positive reviews and a rating of 4.5.

Have you got any recent recommendations for other TV catchup services?

Is SavvyTech still good?

Is Expat Vision actually working, despite their website which appears to say that they are about to launch a new product? (something which I believe has been their main web page for quite a while now!)

Trustpilot seems to say that both TV Mucho and Nord VPN have many negative reviews, and Trustpilot ratings of 3 and 2.5 respectively.
----
Phil
----

peebee

Postby peebee » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Phild wrote:Trustpilot seems to say that both TV Mucho and Nord VPN have many negative reviews, and Trustpilot ratings of 3 and 2.5 respectively.

We use NordVPN, it works fine and they offer very good long term deals.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Expat Vision and Savvy Tech are both still working. For a full service the former is €33 and the latter is €25 both per month. They work pretty much the same with small technical detailed differences, e.g Savvy Tech has 4 weeks catchup compared to one week on Expat Vision but Expat Vision has catchup on more channels. They both tend to have minor hiccups from time to time, e.g. pausing even on a fast broadband and/or speech out of synch but this only happens on individual channels from time to time or a specific file.

I don't currently use a VPN but ExpressVPN and NordVPN both seem to come out well in the latest Expert Reviews survey. They did report some slight security issues with PureVPN. They "found several examples, both in the Windows and iOS clients, where DoILeak.com’s tests spotted suspicious patterns that might point to use of a VPN or proxy service and/or a discrepancy in timezones between the browser and the VPN". In other words it could be possible for someone to spot that you are using a VPN. Given the situation in Hong Kong I am not sure PureVPN can guarantee no logging for much longer, e.g. if China takes a more proactive role in running Hong Kong.

Warwick

Andy

Postby Andy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:52 pm

We are not massive TV watchers but TV Mucho works good enough for us. We have it (side) installed on an Amazon Fire Stick so there is only a power lead going to the wall mounted TV which makes it look very neat. It does not require a VPN.

It has the odd moment but this I think is down to our internet connection rather than the application.

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:43 pm

The Mobdro app is always a useful backup to live online UK TV where other services fail. Does not require a VPN.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”