Just bought a house! Furniture..

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Sallyb

Just bought a house! Furniture..

Postby Sallyb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:20 am

We have just bought a house just outside Rethymnon with the estate agents Kreta Eindorm. What do you think of getting a furniture package or is it better to buy in the UK and ship over? What are people’s experiences with this estate agents?

chrissyg

Re: Just bought a house!

Postby chrissyg » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:32 am

Furniture is often a subject on this forum, maybe take a look through. I am on the Chania side but Oikos is fantastic, bespoke and cheaper stuff but great quality. Biotza in Rethymno is also nice, especially outdoor. We brought some things, like a DFS sofa from UK using Nomad. Theres also Ikea for collection and delivery but no real showroom but if you know what you want its useful.

steven_0

Postby steven_0 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Gallios also has a small selection of furniture and beds among a lot of other household stuff.
You can find them on the road between Platanes and Adele, a big purple building
For whitegoods it might be better to go into Rethymno.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%CE%9 ... 24.5450147

Regarding whitegoods, i have good experience with this shop:
Kalligiannis
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kalli ... 24.4714491

I know several people who have bought the goods in uk and shipped it over.
I guess its a matter of taste vs quality vs costs
But it would not hurt to have a look around locally to see if you can find anything you like.

Greetings
Steven

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:16 pm

Also shown on the map link Steven posted for Complete Stores is Petrogiannis in Adele, a large furniture showroom over three floors. They stock a large range of goods. Complete Stores also carry a range of reasonably priced crockery, bedding and towels, aimed at the hotel trade. Bedding and linen is generally expensive here.

For white goods look at Praktiker, Heraklion they have an online catalogue. Also Electronet on Potaliou, Kalithea and Kotsovolos, Moatsou and Euronics, Arkadiou. (Electronet and Kotsovolos have online catalogues to check out prices.)

You need to weigh up the cost of buying here and shipping out. When I bought in 2006 when my house was completed, the choice was not so good as now, Furniture was in much more 'traditional' (think fake antique!) styles here. I chose Ikea from UK for my living room and had traditional country style wooden bedroom furniture made by Nikoforakis in Pemonia, near Chania. The cost of shipping a large van load(!) was almost £3000, but worth it in the long run.

Nomad Express is good value for sending smaller boxes of items out.

Good luck and enjoy your shopping!

Kathleen

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:33 pm

I agree theres some lovely furniture around now, a bit pricey. Tje only reason we shipped from uk was that i wanted a matching sofa and sofabed and couldnt find anything here at the time. However, DFS had a good sale on ( as usual) so it was worth the shipping cost and of course useful to add some bedding and curtains in the Nomad delivery. We also aimed to have Ikea and Oikos deliver the same ' moving in' day but Nomad was the only one that turned up on the arranged day! Our first lesson in greek punctuality.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”