Water filter taps

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Cambia

Water filter taps

Postby Cambia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Does anyone know if water filter taps are available in Crete and if so, where from? Would love to be able to stop buying water in plastic bottles! The one we have in England has a filter under the sink that we replace regularly.

BST

Re: Water filter taps

Postby BST » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm

We looked into this a couple of years ago but bought a Brita filter jug from AB instead, who also stock the cartridges. Hardly bought a plastic bottle in the last 12 months! Very pleased with it.

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:45 pm

I have http://nogawater.com/ro_5stage_reverse.asp

To be honest I prefer a bottle of cold water in the fridge and rarely use the filtered tap. Agricultural water when boiled for cooking or coffee/tea is perfectly ok in my experience.

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:10 pm

I've been drinking the plain tap water here since 1995 and remain fit and healthy. I take bottled water when out walking and there's usually a bottle in the fridge if I want cold water. In winter tap water is cold enough.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:54 am

Cambia wrote:Does anyone know if water filter taps are available in Crete and if so, where from? Would love to be able to stop buying water in plastic bottles! The one we have in England has a filter under the sink that we replace regularly.

Yup. We have one. Any decent kitchen/bathroom showroom should stock them or order one for you. If you are anywhere near Agios Nikolaos, Pratsinakis has them. On road to Elounda just outside Ag Nik.

Andrew

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 am

our system is from creta aqua tel 6973296800 6976583446 http://www.creta-aqua.eu, the best for pure water, it is a reverse osmosis system, the firm from Rethimno comes once a year to change the filters for around about 70 euros, it fits under the sink... :D
Dave H

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Revers osmosis also depletes something like 90% essential minerals e.g. calcium and magnesium. Unless you are replacing that somehow, the water quality (for drinking at least) is very *degraded* i.e. not healthy.

Cambia

Postby Cambia » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Thank you everyone. Planning on a new kitchen sink so will ask when we renew this. I know the water is ok but want to stop my visitors from buying so many plastic bottles too and a filter tap will reassure them and us!

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:41 pm

The reverse osmosis system we have eliminates limescale in our kettle it has been free from the deadly scale that causes stones since we had it fitted, most vitamins and minerals are present in most of our foods so I personally don`t think that we are missing out in that regard. :D
Dave H

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:28 pm

moved 2 crete wrote:The reverse osmosis system we have eliminates limescale in our kettle...

That's odd. I operated a large scale reverse osmosis filter in northern Greece to supply pure water to a humidity control system that had very fine spray jets, which could become rapidly blocked if fed with hard water. The inlet water had to pass through a permutit based water softener first or the the hard water would damage the reverse osmosis column. Thus it was the permutit water softener that was removing the chemicals that cause lime-scale not the reverse osmosis filter.

Also the membrane is flushed with water to remove the impurities that the reverse osmosis filter is trapping as long as water is flowing through the filter. That means that approximately the same amount of water that you consume goes down the drain roughly doubling consumption. In an area like Crete, which suffers quite severe water shortage, I would say that is probably acceptable if the filter is connected to a separate tap purely for drinking water, including for the kettle and boiling food, but not for a general kitchen tap.

Warwick

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:58 pm

LINK to removing lime scale in kettle :?
https://www.osmiowater.co.uk/osmioblog/ ... rmanently/

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Really don't know what the water is like in Kokkino Horio in terms of soft or hard, but we use a Britta water filter for the kettle and that's about it. No lime-scale in the kettle and according to latest CT scan and ultrasound no stones in the kidneys. All must be well! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

DJ

Postby DJ » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:33 pm

I know the water quality differs from area to area but when in Palekastro, near Sitia, I enjoy drinking the tap water - it seems to taste cleaner and fresher than water in the UK and even better than bottled mineral water.

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:02 am

Kamisiana wrote:LINK to removing lime scale in kettle :?
https://www.osmiowater.co.uk/osmioblog/ ... rmanently/

Thanks for this informative post it confirms our use of the reverse osmosis system... :D
Dave H

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:09 pm

Even more accurate information and facts on reverse osmosis for removing minerals from hard water and from the
International Water Association no less :!:

https://www.iwapublishing.com/news/reve ... king-water

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”