House insurance

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
stevemartin911

House insurance

Postby stevemartin911 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Good afternoon, I have been looking for alternative quotes for insurance on our property in Crete and am struggling to find alternative quotes which will include earthquake cover ?
We have been with Intasure for the last few years but their renewal premium has been getting higher each year to what is now an unacceptable level.
I would be grateful for any leads to alternative companies you may have found ?
Have a good week end, the UK is damp and miserable as usual !
Thanks in advance for your help
Steve

Yin&Yang

Re: House insurance

Postby Yin&Yang » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi there! We have been insured with Francisco (call me Frank) (Ασφαλιες Μανηυηε) family run business, for seven years now. We have house contents and buildings insurance, including for earthquakes, through him. He is a broker in Xania and recommended to us. All of our insurance is with him. Tel. 2821 057700. Mobile 693 2471222
Someday is now : )

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:59 pm

I use ERGO, which is a very large multinational insurance company, underwritten by Munich Re, which I think is bigger than Lloyds of London. ERGO took over ATE, which was the insurance arm of the Agricultural Bank. The agent I use in Chania is Stephanos Katsifarakis. You could email him at stephanoskatsifarakis at yahoo dot gr If you are not near Chania you could try ergo@ergohellas.gr The Chania office is on Kissamou Street on the left hand side as you go into Chania between the square with a statue of a woman and child and the SYNKA supermarket. It is on the second floor and you can see a big ERGO sign. I use them for car, motorbike and house plus contents insurance with earthquake cover.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Just like Warwick we use ERGO via Stephanos. Office: 28210 86300 and 86302 Mob: 6978 113784 Web: http://www.argoins.com
If you're nearish to Xania Stephanos will probably be able to visit you if necessary.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:09 pm

filippos wrote:Just like Warwick we use ERGO via Stephanos. Office: 28210 86300 and 86302 Mob: 6978 113784 Web: http://www.argoins.com
If you're nearish to Xania Stephanos will probably be able to visit you if necessary.

Snap! We use Stephanos too for house contents and car. Extremely helpful. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:04 pm

Steve, if you are still looking, you could get a quote from Stavros at insurance-greece.com He often posts on this forum and I have found his policies (car and house) very competitive compared with UK insurers. Whatever company you choose, the policy will come with a hefty excess for earthquake cover. I believe 4% is the standard in Greece.

stevemartin911

Postby stevemartin911 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:09 am

Thanks very much to you all for your contacts, regrettably they are not turning out be offering anything over and above Intasure, the quotes are not offering any incentive to move our business.
Have a great Summer everyone.
Steve

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:46 pm

I was with Intasure for the first few years I had my house,the premiums rose annually and I always managed to haggle them down a little. I switched to John Paterakis at Insuranceline in Rethymnon for my last few years. The policies for my house ,which included pool and earthquake cover, and car were both with Generali. They were cheaper than Intasure. As a matter of interest, John said that if ever he had had any involvement with Intasure, it was when their assessors were trying to find a property to follow up a claim. They lacked local knowledge!

Phone: (+30) 283 10 283 10, 6947 8062 90
Email: info(a)insuranceline.gr

Kathleen

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”