Petrol Strimmer

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Cruc

Petrol Strimmer

Postby Cruc » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:57 am

Hi all

We are In Kokkino Chorio and are in need of a petrol strimmer. Does anyone know where I can buy one at a reasonable price.

Thanks
Cruc
Regards
Cruc

Kilkis

Re: Petrol Strimmer

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:58 am

It depends on what you call reasonable. Sketakis are agents for Stihl which are a good reliable make but not cheap. I bought their model FS 55 some years ago and it is still going strong. I chose it because it was the cheapest with the cow horn control bars. Today it is listed as €259 on Stihl's Greek homepage, which is about €100 less than on Amazon. I think they also sell a Chinese make that is probably cheaper.

You could try Foteinakis which is pretty big. Also there is a Husqvarna dealer on a side street near the Gavralakis Clinic on Marko Botsari. If you drive along Marko Botsari from the Kissamou street end, where there is a statue of a woman and child, you come to traffic lights with a cake shop on the corner. Marko Botsari then narrows and widens again. Turn right there before you get to Gavrilakis. The Husquvarna dealer is about half way up on the left hand side. I would guess that they are similar quality and price to Stihl.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:10 pm

I bought one a few years ago from the shop next to the petrol station in Kalyves. They do a range starting at around €100.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:22 pm

We bought one last October at Floraplant in Kalyves - a McCulloch. They are owned by Husqvarna (who I think they also sell) but less costly. We bought from their catalogue and the prices are printed in it, so no extra mark up from Floraplant. They put the machine together for us and gave us instruction on how to use and maintain it. Prior to purchasing they also showed us similar strimmers and took their time to run through pros and cons with us. We are very happy with the product and have since bought a McCulloch hedgetrimmer (we have no hedge but very useful for trimming up our forty five lavenders).

Florplant will service these types of machines should you need to have that done.
Last edited by Yin&Yang on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someday is now : )

Cruc

Postby Cruc » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Thank you all for your responses will now take a trip out to buy one.

Cruc
Regards

Cruc

Cruc

Postby Cruc » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi all

Just an update, visited a few shops and eventually bought a Hyundai HBC 260 from Floraplant in Kalyves. :D Staff were very helpful and even put the strimmer together for us.
Regards

Cruc

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”