Timber Merchants

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
altohb

Timber Merchants

Postby altohb » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:54 am

Does anyone know of a "proper" timber merchant in Ag Nik or anywhere to the east, as the one in Sitia which we've used for many years is now more or less defunct, and we'd prefer not to have to trek to Heraklion to Praktika!

TIA

Tim

Re: Timber Merchants

Postby Tim » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:58 am

Hi

I assume you're referring to Maria Petroulakis on the main road; if so, I agree. Did you know there's another timber merchant about half way down the airport road on the left? I've used them a couple of times and they hold a reasonable stock of reasonable quality timber.

HTH

Tim

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:39 am

Yeah ,I use the timber merchants up near the airport they have .good stock but sometimes it's hard to find just what you want and then someone to give you a price ,until you have loaded it on the truck and tied it down ... I think it's the same company that used to be next to the traffic lights at the bottom of the hill as you arrive in town from Ierapetra. But sadly the guy I knew who worked there years ago ,who I always went to find 'cos he was friendly and knew the prices does not seem to work at the new site ....There is also a very good timber merchant at Ierapetra ...Head west about a kilometre , along the coast road past all the car sales places and they are on the left set back a bit from the road ... They had a big selection of timber , soft wood , rabotea and studding , some hardwoods including oak . and a fair selection of ply wood 18mm shuttering ply through to 3or 4 mm birch ply ...I have not been there for years so not sure if this is still the case ...hope this helps ..jeff..

altohb

Postby altohb » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:26 am

Thanks, both of you. Will check out the one on the airport road.

Andy

Postby Andy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:47 pm

I've used ΑΛΕΞΑΚΗΣ ΑΕ in Ag Nik in the past, they cut to size and deliver.

1ο χιλ.οδου Αγιου Νικολαου-Λακωνιων, Ag. Nikolaos 721 00, Greece
+30 2841 026808
https://maps.app.goo.gl/xnHSpbq6gHTatsC88

altohb

Postby altohb » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:10 am

Thanks, Andy.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”