Where in Chania can I buy quality leather goods

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
johnincrete

Where in Chania can I buy quality leather goods

Postby johnincrete » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:09 am

I want to give a gift to someone who has done me great service. I am looking for something like I have. I have no idea what it is called! It is a folder, with inside, a pocket and a clip to hold papers. I used to use it to hold papers for a particular meeting.
I need good quality leather to make it different from something you can get from a stationers.

Does anyone know a shop in Chania, please?

peebee

Re: Where in Chania can I buy quality leather goods

Postby peebee » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 am

Maybe Leather Street :-)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:17 pm

I would agree with Peebee that leather street would be your best bet but I can't say that I have ever seen one there. I couldn't even get the type of wallet I wanted there, i.e. long, inside jacket pocket style with a lot of credit card slots rather than the folding back-pocket style, and they have hundreds of wallets.

Amazon have them but the majority are PU leather not real leather. The ones that are real leather, like this one, tend to have a slot to slide the cardboard back of an A4 tear-off notepad into rather than a clip to hold loose papers, like this PU leather one. Both types have a slot on the left to hold loose papers and various other pockets that never seem to fit what you want to put into them.

Warwick

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:00 pm

THANKS ALL

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:02 pm

https://www.ryman.co.uk/ Stationary sell one similar to the one from Warwick but has rings inside it so paper can be clipped. One i use and find it very useful.

Sorry its in U.K but will post out.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm

It would be useful if you posted a link to the right page, Moggieman, rather than just the company.

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:38 pm

But they are "leather look", i.e. imitation leather, while John was looking for real leather, which is not so common in this type of product.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:28 am

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:05 am

That's the one I linked earlier in the thread, Peebee.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:26 pm

Well - great minds think alike :-)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 pm

You don't want your mind to be associated with mine, Peebee. It is well established that I know nowt.

Warwick

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:23 pm

Looked at Peebee's link. Nearly right but there needs to be a way of holding loose papers. It will be used by a teacher with several pages of homework writing that is marked and then put away until return to school. That the item can hold A4 pads is of no value I'm afraid.

Yet again, it looks as if I have a good idea but impracticable!

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:30 am

I had a promise from one shop in "Leather Street" that they would make a folder to my spec. Returned to shop only to find it boarded up with no indication when it would re-open. Man across the road offered something like I wanted but only from a photo on his cell phone. He promised he would get one "from the factory" and phone me when it was here - still silence after a week when he said it would be 2 or 3 days. It is now too late,

The various shops seem to have plenty of examples of what they have in stock - tough if you want something a bit different. In days when customers are rare, the poor service paints a very poor picture. I will have to revise advice to visitors.

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:07 am

Very frustrating for you.Have you also looked at folders that hold music sheets? Usually have a fold over handle that loops through the other handle. I use one for my calligraphy and it works well. Although they are normally a softer leather and not stiff, as in the above link photos. Good look with you quest.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”