Air beds/mattresses

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Kookla

Air beds/mattresses

Postby Kookla » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:21 am

I was wondering if anybody has experience of buying ‘blow-up’ air beds in the Hania area. Sadly we sold all of our furniture when we had to move a few years’ ago. (and then moved back!) I now have guests arriving and nothing for them to sleep on!
It might be that proper beds will be cheaper. I thought that the teenagers would be able to use air beds.
Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Yin&Yang

Re: Air beds/mattresses

Postby Yin&Yang » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 am

Hiya! We had the same issue as you as we have extra people coming for Easter this year. I feel sure that they must be available here but in the end we bought a blow up bed and camp bed from Amazon. Amazon do an excellent quality king size (extra wide single) camp bed with mattress.
Someday is now : )

WilfySwarez

Postby WilfySwarez » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:53 am

Jumbo sell them. Good enough quality and not too dear.

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:55 am

I bought a single from Jumbo a couple years ago for camping at the Matala festival. Fine for a couple of nights in a tent but no more, then again i'm not a teenager...nowhere near. Quite narrow so not much room to turn over and best with a pillow. Mine uses a footpump to blow up although I have a electric pump that runs of the car cigarette lighter, much easier. Friends bought a double from Jumbo with integrated electric pump that runs off a house power socket although for camping they used a (my) electric pump from car lighter socket. Obviously the integrated one is a bit more expensive.

Comfort wise, well, they are blow up mattresses.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:09 pm

Even if it's for a couple I would suggest two singles rather than a double. Blow up mattresses transfer movement far more efficiently than a normal mattress. If one person turns over the other gets thrown out of bed if it's a double.

Warwick

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:22 pm

Well my goodness! Aren’t you all wonderful. Great ideas and comments, thank you. Will check out Amazon and Jumbo. Have a husband and a foot pump! Also I agree with two singles rather than a double. They are hardy youngsters used to camping and the great outdoors... might even put them on the roof terrace outside to enjoy the stars lol. Thank you.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:42 pm

Kookla wrote:... might even put them on the roof terrace outside to enjoy the stars lol. Thank you.

If that comment is serious I would get a treated mosquito net as well, assuming you can rig up something to hang it from or stand alone ones are available.

Warwick

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:30 am

Warwick - semi serious. Husband thinks they would enjoy it, as the stars really are spectacular. Good point re mossie protection though, if they do. I am more worried that rats would chew a hole in beds and that the boys would disappear upwards in a spiral swirl like in a cartoon, never to be seen again!
I think the dining room floor would be a safer option.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:34 am

Kookla wrote:... I am more worried that rats would chew a hole in beds and that the boys would disappear upwards in a spiral swirl like in a cartoon, never to be seen again!...

I also always try to look for positives in life.

Warwick

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:45 pm

:D yep, it’s hard isn’t it. Sigh; back of hand to forehead :D

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”