replacement remote for garage door

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
cosmoman

replacement remote for garage door

Postby cosmoman » Tue May 12, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi again! Does anyone know where I can get a replacement of a remote control opener for a garage door. Ours has disappeared and I :) can't open the door. Fortunately we dont use it for the car

Kilkis

Re: replacement remote for garage door

Postby Kilkis » Tue May 12, 2020 5:43 pm

I would try the company who fitted the garage door.

Most remote controls are sort of universal so you might be able to get one from Ηλεκτρονικα Μουρτζανος on Ipsilanton Street in Chana. It runs parallel to Kydonia but is one way in the opposite direction. It starts near to the bottom of Apokoronou and goes behind the town hall to the side of the bus station. Unfortunately there are a few variations so you need to get the right type. That might be difficult if you don't have the original or any information about it. I think with some you need an original controller in order to clone it so, again, if you have lost yours that would be a problem. With my gate controller there is a procedure whereby I can synchronise it with the control card inside the motor unit but obviously you need access to the motor unit to do that. If there is no way that you can disable the motor control and open the door manually I am not sure how you could do that.

You could try Andreaki in Kalyves. I think they fit garage doors so even if they don't motorise them themselves they might know a man who does in that area.

Warwick

peebee

Re: replacement remote for garage door

Postby peebee » Wed May 13, 2020 5:53 am

Can you get into the garage another way ? there should be a button on the rear of the motor unit to open it, or usually a pull cord to disconnect the mechanism.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”