Optician

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
shamus

Optician

Postby shamus » Sun May 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Could anyone recommend an optician in Hania who can also repair lenses which have come out of the frames. Many thanks.

Kilkis

Re: Optician

Postby Kilkis » Sun May 17, 2020 1:53 pm

Has the lens itself been damaged or is the lens OK and just needs putting back in the frame?

If the former, you would almost certainly need to go back to the optician who supplied the glasses and even then you would probably find they are obsolete. I thought I was going to need a new prescription when I went for an eye test so, while I was in the UK, I asked the optician who had supplied my current glasses if I sent them to him with the new prescription could he fit new lenses in the 3 year old frames. The answer was no. They no longer supply those particular frames so they would not be able to get lenses made to fit them. They can only get lenses for current model frames.

If the latter I would have thought any optician would do it for you, probably free of charge. I used Optika which is opposite the cross market, next door but one to Gregory's café, between the one-way street coming towards the Cross Market from Apokoronou and the one-way street going back out to Apokoronou. They are very helpful.

Warwick

shamus

Re: Optician

Postby shamus » Sun May 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi.. thank you for that. Fortunately it is the latter, so I will pay them a visit tomorow - again, thanks for your help..

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”