CAR INSURANCE

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
evansmr1

CAR INSURANCE

Postby evansmr1 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:35 am

I am looking to change my Car Insurance as my current Company cannot get my details correct or even the cover that I insist upon.

I have had a very good quotation for HELLAS DIRECT for full cover. I have a new car.
Does anyone have experience with this company? Any Pluses or Negatives. I would be grateful of any information as their quotation is extremely competitive.

Thanks in advance
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

Keltz

Re: CAR INSURANCE

Postby Keltz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Have you tried https://www.insuranceline.gr/ in Rethymno official sponsors of Crete Walking Football based in Kalyves.

Insuranceline Phone: 283 10 283 10 (office) / 694 780 6290 (John)

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:04 am

Many thanks Keltz

Are you telling me that that the 'Old Man's' Football game has arrived in Crete.
Mike

=============

Sic parvis magnaike

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Not an old mans game at all, just need to be 50 or over, male or female we have both playing from all nationalities every Friday at 5pm in Kalyves although not right now due to new Covid restrictions.

It’s much like 5 a side football just don’t run but can walk fast and no need to have played before as its all about enjoying it, although can be very competitive, followed by a few beers in local taverna after to cool down.

We do ‘away’ games in other villages to encourage interest in the sport and hope to expand interest across the island. It was unfortunate due to Covid that a first visit from Cyprus team this year had to be cancelled.

As we now have 4 sponsors the ability is there to expand facilities in the Kalyves area and assist others teams to startup.

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Yes I know about the Sport. Very popular in Derbyshire where I hailed from.
I have never played it, but on a visit to UK last year watched my friend play. The average age of both teams was 65. The youngest player was 60 the eldest was 72. Hence from my experience an Old Mans game. Just for the record I am considered to be an Old man, to quickly approaching the octogenarian period of life.
Mike

=============

Sic parvis magnaike

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:42 am

It also encourages a level of fitness with regular games where some are fitter than others we all play to our ability with the emphasis on enjoying ourselves. One of our top scorers is also one of the oldest players gets into forward positions to score if you get the ball to him...a poacher and proud of it!

When friends and family are over they can also join in reguardless of age although seem to have less stamina as are not so used to playing in the heat of the day. Winter games are also a good social event for those who live all year round on the island.

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Hi Keltz

Not the subject of Insurance. But Walking Football

For the past 9 years I have been involved with the Hellenic FA as a Referee Accessor for the Lasithi Referees Union. Also Refereed for a seson about 5 years ago.

Now I am considering retiring from Assessing and am interested in starting Walking Football around my neck of Crete.
I have downloaded the rules from the FA. Not seen any mention of field size, perhaps you can enlighten me on this. Also any other information that you can provide. I intend having a meeting with some of my Greek associates within the next week.
Is the game recognised by the Hellenic FA?. Are teams registered with your local Football League.
Mike

=============

Sic parvis magnaike

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:46 pm

Sounds good Mike as we are currently the only Walking Football team on Crete. First played in 2018 as a winter sport but now all year round with more local interest.

http://www.chaniapost.eu/2018/09/01/kal ... -football/
https://www.facebook.com/walkingfootbal ... 4790158034

We are not recognised by Hellenic FA or in a local league however play under the club name of Kalyves Titans who have a junior ( school ) team and senior 11 a-side teams. As you will be aware the sport is very popular in the UK and we have looked at the FA rules for guidance although you will find countries have slightly different rules we may need to be aware of when playing other teams such as our planned Cyprus game unfortunately cancelled due to the virus.

Things like pitch size will depend on how many players there are. I will talk to the club and PM contact details if we can be of any help.

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:01 pm

evansmr1 wrote:am interested in starting Walking Football around my neck of Crete.

PM now sent. Any problems with receiving it please let me know.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”