Prescription glasses

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Andy

Prescription glasses

Postby Andy » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know the rough cost of prescription glasses on Crete? Are they far more expensive than the UK?

I need thinned lenses and usually have antiglare coating as well as a set of prescription sunglasses.

I'm trying to ascertain if I better waiting to the next time I visit the UK.

Andy

Kilkis

Re: Prescription glasses

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:17 pm

I found it much cheaper to wait until I went back to the UK and use Specsavers. I had an eye test done here by an ophthalmic surgeon and got her to annotate the prescription in English. It is also important to get them to write on the prescription when the next eye test is due. It should then be accepted by a UK dispensing optician. I did it this way because the optometrists employed by opticians always refuse to give me a prescription and refer me to an ophthalmologist as they think I am marginal glaucomic.

The last time I did buy a pair in Chania. They were bifocals with reactolite, anti-scratch and anti-glare lenses. They cost me €425. With the same prescription I got an identical pair in the UK plus another pair but with polaroid rather than reactolite lenses to use in the car and a third single focus pair with a prescription between the two parts of the bifocal for use at the computer. The three cost me less than the single pair in Greece. To be fair I have EFKA so I did get a €100 refund from them on the cost and I think I am entitled to that every 5 years but obviously there is no refund on the UK ones.

Warwick

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”