Water

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Kilkis

Re: Water

Postby Kilkis » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:27 am

Mine are suspended about 0.3 m above the ground and spray a flat fan shaped spray horizontally into the air. I found that I got about the right area of spread with that configuration.

The plastic nozzles screw straight into the pipe although you punch a hole first with a special tool. Around the edge of the garden I have 32 mm pipe fixed to the fence posts using jubilee clips. One clip horizontally around a fence post and one clip vertically round the pipe threaded through the first clip. It is also tied to the plegma a couple of times between each pair of posts with plastic tieraps. This pipe is about 0.5 m from the trunks. For the four trees in the middle of the garden I used two T joints and reducers to run two 16 mm pipes off the 32 mm pipe right next to the trunks. Those pipes are simply laid on top of a few large rocks and held taught with a rock at the ends. The system has been working for about ten years with no problems other than periodically replacing nozzles. Sometimes the nozzles get damaged or blocked up when strimming but you can easily fit a new one in the old hole. If the tops get knocked off I get them out with a small stud extractor, a bit like a tapered screw with a left hand thread.

Warwick

Yin&Yang

Re: Water

Postby Yin&Yang » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:54 am

Well you've certainly inspired Andrew now Warwick! He went out yesterday and has returned with a selection of nozzles and pipe. 32mm pipe coming from the tank seems definitely the way to go. Soon I will be left with a two hour hose free void in my daily routine :lol:
Someday is now : )

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”