MAGBOX

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
Kamisiana

MAGBOX

Postby Kamisiana » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 am

Anyone with a Magbox having any problems mine just sudenly stopped last night and saying no internet conection it is connected via a ethernet cable from router as is my pc that is working OK tried swapping ports on router over pc worked OK Magbox saying no conection thanks??

Kilkis

Re: MAGBOX

Postby Kilkis » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 am

It could be a problem with the site to which the MAG box is connected? I know the Expat Vision, for example, have been having problems with DDOS attacks and I am getting a lot more "No Connection" messages than normal. I usually go back to the channel guide and keep selecting different channels until I get a connection and then return to the original programme.

Anybody know of a simple, preferably free, Windows 10 App that monitors the internet connection and logs the date, time and duration of any dropouts? Most seem to be designed to monitor how much data has been downloaded to your PC.

Warwick

paul g

Postby paul g » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:21 pm

when their server is having problems, I give it a quick check with (isitdownrightnow.com) expat vision's server is (uktv.club)

Mandraek

Postby Mandraek » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 am

Net Uptime Monitor

https://netuptimemonitor.com/

free version works for about half an hour which might give you some idea of your connection reliability

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”