UNBLOCKING PHONE

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
trevor thomas

UNBLOCKING PHONE

Postby trevor thomas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:36 am

is there any shop that will unblock a uk mobile phone in and around chania ?

filippos

Re: UNBLOCKING PHONE

Postby filippos » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:50 am

I'd start by going to any mobile shop and asking if they know anywhere that will unlock a phone.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:03 am

I don't know anywhere for certain that can do it but I would suggest three places to ask:

1 The shop on the corner next to the bus station where the Bank of Cyprus used to be.
    2 The shop on the corner of Apokoronou and Bouniali opposite the small triangular park on Apokoronou before you get to the junction with Marko Botsari.
    3 Kostas Rozakis. His shop is on Anapafseus next to the small Jet petrol station just before the junction with Marko Botsari. Anapefseus is the street that runs from the Mournies junction of the National highway past Lidl and the main Chania cemetery into the centre of Chania.

If they can't do it they might somebody who can.

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:04 pm

A quick further thought on this thread. Do you mean "Unblocking" or "Unlocking"?

1 "Unlocking" refers to the situation where a phone is tied to a particular SIM/network and you want to unlock it from that network so you can use a SIM from a different network. Providing the phone is not still tied to a contract "Unlocking" is completely legal.
    2 "Unblocking refers to removing a block that has been placed on the phone, for example if it has been stolen. "Unblocking" is totally illegal.

You may be able to "Unlock" the phone yourself online. A useful discussion here with links.

Warwick

trevor thomas

Postby trevor thomas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Sorry i should have said UNLOCKING for a different provider

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Yeah. I had a new locked cheap Nokia given to me my a friend in the UK ...I asked in the local phone shops and got blank looks ...so I went on line for the unlocking method ..to get the phone unlocked cost 10 quid almost what the phone was worth ... I never use expensive phones just 'burners' there is no useable signal around this village ......

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”