Cosmote Mobile PAYG

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
louisejersey

Cosmote Mobile PAYG

Postby louisejersey » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi, does anyone have PAYG Mobile phone with Cosmote, and can help me please.
The Cosmote 13888 number told me to dial 1317 to hear info about different Bundles you can buy to use my mobile while working in the UK. They assured me that there was an option to "Press 9 for English" as there is when you want to check your credit. However, when you ring, there doesn't seem to be this option. Any ideas? Thanks

Kilkis

Re: Cosmote Mobile PAYG

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:56 pm

As far as I can see 1317 is a free OTE service that informs you of the numbers to dial to get a range of services not necessarily associated with OTE. It isn't to provide specific information on bundles.

I'm not sure what sort of bundle you want? The Free Roaming Directive means that you will pay the same while you are in the UK as you pay in Greece. All you need to do is top up your credit as usual. Special bundles are for travelling outside the EU.

Warwick

louisejersey

Postby louisejersey » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:04 pm

Ah, well that would explain it.!I will have to phone Cosmote again .I did try, but when the third person i got put through to, answered, I got cut off. After that I lost the will to live.
The person I spoke to originally said that if I chose one of their pre paid plans, I would, depending on which one I chose, benefit from say 100 free minutes a month. Thanks for your help.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:53 am

These are the packages available on Cosmokarta which is a pre-pay service. Because of the Roaming Directive, I believe that if you took, for example, the package that gave 200’ to all networks & 200ΜΒ for €7 those 200 minutes to Greek numbers and 200 MB data would also be available while you were in the UK. If you added the cheapest International Destinations Package for an extra €4.4 you would then also get 40 minutes of calls to UK numbers. The packages last one month and any time left after that is lost. You top up some more and activate the relevant packages again.

I tend to find that I get an SMS from time to time offering an even cheaper deal so sometimes I top up but don't activate a package until I get an offer. If you intend to be in the UK for an extended period you may find that free roaming is suspended through a fair use policy so you might need to check that. It is not completely clear what will happen to free roaming after.... (I daren't type the word)

Warwick

louisejersey

Postby louisejersey » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:33 am

Oh wow Warwick, thank's a lot. will have a look through. exactly the info I needed. My husband will be there for 4/5 weeks, so will have to check it out.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:20 am

There shouldn't be a problem with 4/5 weeks unless he is going to be making lots more phone calls than he would normally make in Greece. As an example this is Virgins "Fair Use Policy" for using their UK SIM anywhere else in the EU:

2. To be in line with our Roam Like Home Fair Use Policy your use must meet the following conditions:
    2.1.1. In any rolling 4 month period, you must use more data, SMS and calls in the UK than the EU – we call this “prevailing domestic consumption”; or
    2.1.2. In any rolling 4 month period, you must spend more days in the UK than the EU – we call this “prevailing domestic presence” (we count each day you connect to our network in the UK as a day in the UK).

3. Other things that indicate your use is outside of our Policy include:
    3.1.1. Long inactivity of a SIM card which is most often (if not exclusively) used while roaming; and
    3.1.2. Subscription and sequential use of multiple SIM cards while roaming.

If you substitute "Greece" for "UK" and "UK" for "EU" I would guess Cosmote's policy will be similar. I've had a Virgin SIM for many years now and I have never had a problem despite only being in the UK for about 4 to 5 weeks each year, usually split into two trips.

Warwick

louisejersey

Postby louisejersey » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:19 am

I will have a good look through. Thanks again.

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”