Cosmote Remote Control Replacement

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
Yin&Yang

Cosmote Remote Control Replacement

Postby Yin&Yang » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:01 am

Good morning! Does anyone have any experience of getting their Cosmote remote control replaced? Ours is wearing out.
Someday is now : )

Kilkis

Re: Cosmote Remote Control Replacement

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:48 am

I presume this is a remote control for a set top box for receiving Cosmote TV? If so there is an App for Android devices in the Google Play store and for Apple devices in the Apple App store. These replicate the physical remote so you can use your smart phone/tablet as a remote. Alternatively you can buy a new physical remote from Germanos and Cosmote shops and possibly cheaper online, although when you add in delivery charges etc there is not a big difference so I would tend to go for the Germanos/Cosmote shops.

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:53 pm

Call 13788 (Cosmote technical dept).. tell them it's not working properly and they will send you a free replacement by post/courier.

Note Germanos shops can't do it, they will tell you to call the above.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:39 pm

Thanks Carolina! I will call them in the morning :D

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Well that was straightforward. There is an option 9 when calling, to be put through to a representative who speaks English should you want to. I was asked for my tax number and they used this to call up my Cosmote contract on the computer. I was then asked what specifically was wrong with the remote control. A replacement is being couriered to our house early next week :D . I was able to choose the day but they could have delivered earliest Monday.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:14 pm

Good news!

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:04 pm

Update: Anticipating that each person’s experience could differ from mine, I thought it worth updating this post. We collected our remote control this morning from Kalyves Post Office. When I originally called Cosmote to ask for a replacement I arranged delivery via a courier for the 5th February. (The courier could have delivered on the 3rd but Andrew’s cataract op was that day.). We waited in on the 5th but no call came. I thought I would give it a couple of days and then call Cosmote again. In the meantime, whilst in Chania on the 7th, we called into the Cosmote store but they explained that they don’t handle replacement remote controls. The following day I received a text from ELTA to tell me that the remote control had just been dispatched. Then yesterday we received a phone call from Kalyves Post Office to say that the package had arrived and we collected it this morning. Therefore, although the wait was no problem for us, it is worth bearing in mind that from request to receipt could take 10 or so days and that the courier may not necessarily deliver it directly to you.

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”