KEP ON LINE

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
evansmr1

KEP ON LINE

Postby evansmr1 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:04 am

A new service.
https://www.gsis.gr/mykeplive

There is an option to change languages, but it is reversed. For English select el.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

Kilkis

Re: KEP ON LINE

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:14 pm

evansmr1 wrote:...There is an option to change languages, but it is reversed. For English select el.

I'm not sure I understand that? When I followed the link it is all in Greek if "el" is showing towards top right and some of it is in English if "en" is showing towards top right. A lot is still in Greek even with "en" showing.

It is also worth noting that under Section 7 of FAQsWhat categories of citizens can be served and with what legal documents? it states:

In any case, the conversation and the service are done only in Greek.

I think I prefer to go to the office.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:14 pm

Sounds like a toggle switch. What you are seeing is what it is at when you open it up. Click on EL and it switches to EN and you get English. Bob. :D
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:37 pm

Not quite, Bob. It is a drop down menu with EN and EL as the only choices. If you click on EL it is all in Greek. If you click on EN the items on the menu bar, and on the drop down panels that appear when you select a menu item, change to English but the rest of the items on the home page stay in Greek. Also if you select an item in one of the drop down panels the page appears in Greek.

It is arguably better to use the Greek version in Google Chrome with "automatic translate to English" selected. That works for a lot of pages, although I can't guarantee it will work for everything. I have noticed that some Greek web pages that are obviously in Greek don't get recognised as Greek and so don't get translated. For example e-shop translates but Kafkas doesn't

Warwick

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”