NOW TV

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
meggetta

NOW TV

Postby meggetta » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:11 pm

I am moving to Crete next month and would like to know if my NOW TV box will work there. I normally use it for movies and sports. If not will I be able to get English speaking programs.

Thanks

Kilkis

Re: NOW TV

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:05 pm

I've no experience specifically of Now TV boxes but I would guess it is going to behave pretty much like other Internet based UK TV services. Firstly it will use your IP address to identify that you are located in Greece and then it will refuse to stream content because they only have a licence to stream it in the UK. It might be possible to use a UK based VPN to fool it into thinking that you are in the UK but I suspect there will be no mechanism to allow you to turn a VPN on in the box the box. You will need to be able to get your router to turn on the VPN service. I tried to do this with my router but had no success.

I would guess you would be better off getting a more general purpose Android TV box and loading Kodi onto it. See this thread for a lot of discussion.

Alternatively, if you are prepared to pay a monthly fee to get a wider choice you could try Ex-Pat Vision

Warwick

ScotinCrete

Postby ScotinCrete » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Wouldn't 'Now TV' be linked to a specific satellite which wont be available here?
Remember to check what BB speed you have before deciding on best solution but most, if not all, have found a solution.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:32 am

As far as I know, "Now TV" is an Internet streaming box. It doesn't get any signal from a satellite. It is based on the Roku box. I have no direct experience of it so I could be wrong.

Warwick

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”