SAMSUNG TV LIP SYNCH

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
bobscott

SAMSUNG TV LIP SYNCH

Postby bobscott » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Having lip-synch problems using Modbro with a 'Kodi box' for live TV and according to what I have been reading, it's a problem more to do with our Samsung TV rather than a modbro issue.

Can anyone confirm that; suggest a remedy; advise on a TV set that doesn't have the problem?

Thanks. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Re: SAMSUNG TV LIP SYNCH

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:05 pm

This article gives a method of adjusting speech lead/lag in Kodi. Not sure if it will work with your set up. I think it is a potential problem with all video streaming services rather than with the TV. I get it occasionally on Expat Vision. Often stopping and restarting the stream cures it. Sometimes changing to a different stream and then back solves the problem. Sometimes rebooting the box helps. Sometimes it is a file problem on the server in which case you can do nothing.

I had a particularly bad case recently watching a Lions' match. The commentary was several seconds displaced from the action. Very strange.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Kilkis wrote:This article gives a method of adjusting speech lead/lag in Kodi. Not sure if it will work with your set up. I think it is a potential problem with all video streaming services rather than with the TV. I get it occasionally on Expat Vision. Often stopping and restarting the stream cures it. Sometimes changing to a different stream and then back solves the problem. Sometimes rebooting the box helps. Sometimes it is a file problem on the server in which case you can do nothing.

I had a particularly bad case recently watching a Lions' match. The commentary was several seconds displaced from the action. Very strange.

Warwick

Thanks Warwick. The link you gave is for stuff actually coming through Kodi as opposed to through the 'Kodi box' - I guess I should have called it an android box. The link is what I use when watching DVDs etc actually through Kodi and works well. No such facility with Modbro though. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Have you got the latest version: Mobdro 2.0.36? If not it might be worth updating and seeing if that cures the problem. Certainly at one time there were problems with the Netflix App not syncing and updating to the latest version cured it.

Warwick

PS If the problem is with the TV it usually affects all sources of video. If the TV works fine with say a DVD player but not with the Android box then the problem is probably in the box. If the problem does not appear with one App on the box but does with a different App then the problem is probably the App. Not 100 % guaranteed but usually a reliable diagnostic.

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”