Netflix UK

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
Houmeri91

Netflix UK

Postby Houmeri91 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:58 am

Hi All ,
been a lot of talk about BBC etc ongoing battle with VPN's versus paid for services etc. We are moving out in September and although I love the great old Beeb personally we watch Netflix mainly so less worried about missing Homes under the Hammer ! lol
Although we will of course find a way to get mainstream TV.

Just a quick question what is Netflix UK version like to get in Crete with VPN or whatever?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guy M

Re: Netflix UK

Postby Guy M » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:57 pm

I got Netflix programmes to download to my IPad easily last summer via kafenion wireless - but haven’t tried streaming.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:17 am

Since 1 April new EU rules mean that Netflix should allow you to watch UK content while you are in Crete BUT it will probably be time limited. It is really intended to allow citizens to watch content from their own country while they are on holiday in another EU country not to provide a permanent service in that other country. I think Sky are limiting it to 1 month but I am not sure about Netflix.

If you want to watch long term then you will certainly need a VPN and you may find that Netflix search out VPN IP addresses and block them. You may lose contact for a period, while the VPN provider changes their IP address, or you may need to change VPN provider. Not all VPNs work with Netflix so make sure you choose one that does.

After 29 March 2019, when the UK leaves the EU, Netflix have announced that they will stop the provision to other EU countries and so everyone will need a VPN to access Netflix UK even if they are only in Crete for a short time.

Warwick

Houmeri91

Postby Houmeri91 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:07 pm

As ever thanks for the comprehensive reply so looks like VPN route when we arrive to stay permanently in October then . Least we know now and can factor that in our plans .

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”