VPN recommendation please

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
hairybloke

VPN recommendation please

Postby hairybloke » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:26 pm

If you're happy with your VPN provider, could you let me know who you use please? We've been very happy with unblockmytelly.com (previously S4UVPNsurfer). However, they've failed to send their latest invoice, and none of the links to purchase a VPN work on their website, so I presume they've gone bust. Thank you.

peebee

Re: VPN recommendation please

Postby peebee » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Have a look at NordVPN, they are one of the best and have a special offer on at the moment.

mouche

Postby mouche » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:41 pm

NordVPN - works fine.

Philb

Postby Philb » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:42 pm

peebee wrote:Have a look at NordVPN, they are one of the best and have a special offer on at the moment.

I can also recommend NordVPN. My three year deal, taken out last year, cost about £75. You can use on up to 6 devices.

It always comes out top of near top on VPN comparisons.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 pm

They all have pros and cons and the "best" one depends what you want to achieve. For example one might log the least information, which is good if you are using it for privacy while another might give the fastest streaming speed which is good if you are using it to stream video etc.

There is a review here. NordVPN is highly recommended, especially when they have a cheap deal, but others also come out well in different ways. I can't give a personal recommendation because I haven't used one for a few years and that one was unblockmytelly.com.

Warwick

hairybloke

Postby hairybloke » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Thank you.

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Might be worth having a look here
I've been using their Mailwasher program for years and it's been 100% reliable and on the very rare occasions (2 times in about 12 years) help has been needed the customer service has been excellent. The VPN is a brand new service which, to me with no experience of VPN, looks very good and cheap. If it's as good as the mail program it will be very good and I think you can try before you buy.

PS I have no connection with them other than as a happy customer.

mouche

Postby mouche » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Philb wrote:
peebee wrote:Have a look at NordVPN, they are one of the best and have a special offer on at the moment.

I can also recommend NordVPN. My three year deal, taken out last year, cost about £75. You can use on up to 6 devices.

It always comes out top of near top on VPN comparisons.

Mine was usd 87 for three years taken out June last year.

Houmeri91

Postby Houmeri91 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:21 pm

Just literally moved to Nord yesterday found it quicker and more easy to use than previous supplier which was LeVPN as just stopped working with my Chromebook . Spent ages working with their support before I gave up and moved , first impression is excellent .

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 am

Hairybloke asked

If you're happy with your VPN provider, could you let me know who you use please? We've been very happy with unblockmytelly.com (previously S4UVPNsurfer). However, they've failed to send their latest invoice, and none of the links to purchase a VPN work on their website, so I presume they've gone bust. Thank you.

Sorry to here of your problems.
I have been using this company since they first started. I have not had any issues for the past 5 or 6 years with their service. Earlier years were a problem.
I use the service daily, but evenings only. Our Internet speed in our village is poor, but I get no streaming issues.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”