VPN recommendation please

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
hairybloke

VPN recommendation please

Postby hairybloke » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:26 pm

If you're happy with your VPN provider, could you let me know who you use please? We've been very happy with unblockmytelly.com (previously S4UVPNsurfer). However, they've failed to send their latest invoice, and none of the links to purchase a VPN work on their website, so I presume they've gone bust. Thank you.

peebee

Re: VPN recommendation please

Postby peebee » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Have a look at NordVPN, they are one of the best and have a special offer on at the moment.

mouche

Postby mouche » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:41 pm

NordVPN - works fine.

Philb

Postby Philb » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:42 pm

peebee wrote:Have a look at NordVPN, they are one of the best and have a special offer on at the moment.

I can also recommend NordVPN. My three year deal, taken out last year, cost about £75. You can use on up to 6 devices.

It always comes out top of near top on VPN comparisons.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 pm

They all have pros and cons and the "best" one depends what you want to achieve. For example one might log the least information, which is good if you are using it for privacy while another might give the fastest streaming speed which is good if you are using it to stream video etc.

There is a review here. NordVPN is highly recommended, especially when they have a cheap deal, but others also come out well in different ways. I can't give a personal recommendation because I haven't used one for a few years and that one was unblockmytelly.com.

Warwick

hairybloke

Postby hairybloke » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Thank you.

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Might be worth having a look here
I've been using their Mailwasher program for years and it's been 100% reliable and on the very rare occasions (2 times in about 12 years) help has been needed the customer service has been excellent. The VPN is a brand new service which, to me with no experience of VPN, looks very good and cheap. If it's as good as the mail program it will be very good and I think you can try before you buy.

PS I have no connection with them other than as a happy customer.

mouche

Postby mouche » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Philb wrote:
peebee wrote:Have a look at NordVPN, they are one of the best and have a special offer on at the moment.

I can also recommend NordVPN. My three year deal, taken out last year, cost about £75. You can use on up to 6 devices.

It always comes out top of near top on VPN comparisons.

Mine was usd 87 for three years taken out June last year.

Houmeri91

Postby Houmeri91 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:21 pm

Just literally moved to Nord yesterday found it quicker and more easy to use than previous supplier which was LeVPN as just stopped working with my Chromebook . Spent ages working with their support before I gave up and moved , first impression is excellent .

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 am

Hairybloke asked

If you're happy with your VPN provider, could you let me know who you use please? We've been very happy with unblockmytelly.com (previously S4UVPNsurfer). However, they've failed to send their latest invoice, and none of the links to purchase a VPN work on their website, so I presume they've gone bust. Thank you.

Sorry to here of your problems.
I have been using this company since they first started. I have not had any issues for the past 5 or 6 years with their service. Earlier years were a problem.
I use the service daily, but evenings only. Our Internet speed in our village is poor, but I get no streaming issues.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

islandhop

Postby islandhop » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:20 am

Hi All,

I was the creator of the original S4UVPNSurfer service which we then changed to Unblockmytelly, I then handed it over to someone who I thought would continue to run it as I did but unfortunately they did not and due to personal reason's I was unable to continue at that time.

Been gone for few years now but over the last 6 month's or so I have been re-creating https://S4UVPNSurfer.co.uk which will be launched on January 31st 2021.

Same great service can bypass any blocks work's with any UK site on any device and I'm quite sure we will once again be a very popular service this time as we can match any service on number of servers, speed and quality plus excellent support and of course we will be cheaper than them all once again.

So I look forward to launching this once again, I also have a TV shows service and movies site as like most of the world during these difficult times more and more turned to watching online TV and many asked if we could produce one but not have any crazy pop up ads on the website, so after some hard thinking we launched https://zinglebox.ga with lot's of back up sites as well, you can watch any UK show, UK soap's (all updated daily in 1080HD) classic UK content and all the latest TV series and film's all in HD, 720HD or 1080HD - as a member any user can download any content directly without leaving the page no third party download sites and no ad's on the videos and no adverts on any video. Excellent quality best online nobody is showing what we are in the same quality without any interruptions, all members can request any content even kid's content and we will add it within 30 minutes up to an 1 hour Max.

It's free for 48 hours so nothing to loose folk's then it's just £2.99 this just covers our storage cost and time.

I would just like to say thanks to all our user's from years ago without you we would not have been so great so I thank each any everyone of you and welcome anyone back to try the new setup when we launch it, all are welcome to take a look at both sites.

Please stay safe and take care.

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 am

islandhop wrote:
It's free for 48 hours so nothing to loose folk's then it's just £2.99 this just covers our storage cost and time.

Per day, week, month, year or for life?

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:30 am

Surfshark https://surfshark.com/ works for me no slow down and good price to and runs fully automatic so you don't forget to turn it on.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:23 pm

mouche wrote:...Per day, week, month, year or for life?

On the link that Islandhop posted it shows the TV service as £2.99 per month. Most TV services are around €30 per month but I am not sure you can do a direct comparison. Zinglebox seems to be offering a selection of programmes and series plus films. The more expensive services offer a huge range of complete channels, usually with catch-up, plus a massive selection of films and box sets. If Zinglebox offers what you want then it is good value.

I used S4UVPNSurfer and subsequently Unblockmytelly for about 6 years. It offered a pretty good service at a reasonable price. I only stopped my subscription a few years ago because I found that I was using it so little it wasn't worth keeping it up.

Warwick

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:00 pm

Maybe just out of interest but there is another alternative to the established VPN providers, that is to build your own VPN service.

It is not as difficult as you might think but it does need a few things in place;

Some technical knowledge or know someone who can understand basic principles of client/server and understanding of instructions to install and maintain a client and server. There is software available to do this and generate the code needed.

A family or friend with router located in the UK that a VPN server can be installed on...not expensive starting from around £100.

The router connected to a UK service provider with at least 10Mb upload broadband speed. There is no impact on bandwidth for download on the router in the UK.

Occasional maintenance to refresh the server in case of memory leakage over time ( switch router of and on again sort of thing ) and to apply the occasional server software update.

Occasional maintenance to the client although have only had to do this once in last 3 years to override security restriction changes. As it is a private VPN that only 3 people have access to I have no need to implement strict security measures.

I only connect the VPN when watching UK TV in Crete, being its purpose, with access to no more than 10Mb streaming, more than enough for SD/HD video streaming without buffering. Happy days!

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”