VPN recommendation please

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
shamus

Re: VPN recommendation please

Postby shamus » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:55 am

I have used LeVPN for years with no problems. Can always get all UK live TV with the Amazon firestick as well as other programmes. I found their tech services, on the odd time I have had to use them really good and they do explain things in very simple terms - ideal for a technmophobe like me..I am in Chania town, so maybe that helps with connections.

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:45 am

Can someone help this old man with a fuddled brain?
I have downloaded NordVPN and adopted the 2-year subscription.

But what next? The email from NordVPN says " connect to a VPN server." How do I do that?

I usually use Chrome for internet stuff. The purpose of using a VPN was to be able to look at films on Amazon.co.uk prime video which, after Brexit, are "not available in your country" Amazon did say what I could do but it might just as well be written in Swahili! I tried for hours to cancel the Prime subscription but was led around the houses by Amazon so I thought I would try a VPN.

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:07 pm

johnincrete wrote

I usually use Chrome for internet stuff. The purpose of using a VPN was to be able to look at films on Amazon.co.uk prime video which, after Brexit, are "not available in your country" Amazon did say what I could do but it might just as well be written in Swahili! I tried for hours to cancel the Prime subscription but was led around the houses by Amazon so I thought I would try a VPN.

I have used for 11 years Unblckmytelly, I can watch All ITV,BBC, Chanel 4 and 5 etc live and catch-up. I can also watch Amazon Prime from UK (courtesy my Son). I am also able to watch some Sky sports for free.

I connect to this VPN all day as it hides my location. But when needing to do a search of Greek sites I disconnect from the VPN. Only costs about £50 per year.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magna

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:27 pm

You need to download and install the NordVPN application, John. Full details are here. Once it is installed you can log onto your account using your email address and password that you provided when you bought the package. Once logged on you simply select a country and click on it. There is an alphabetical list to the left of the control panel with UK near the bottom but once you have used a country once it will appear in "Recents" at the top. It also shows a map so if you can see UK on the map you can also click on the marker for that country. Once connected it will show a control button to disconnect. When you click on that it gives you the option to disconnect for various lengths of time or permanently. Permanently simply means until you decide to connect again.

Warwick

PS It does take quite a long time to load so be patient. It should remember you once you have logged on so you won't need to do that every time you use it. I've put it on my phone, tablet and smart TV.

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”