Page 1 of 1

Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:51 pm
by Philb
Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to find a number for Vodafone Customer Care Service in Greece. I haven't got a Vodafone mobile so I need a number I can use from a landline. I have found 6944 401251 searching but it doesn't appear to be in service.

I need to contact them because my 4G internet service on my home router is either out of data or being throttled for some reason.

Many thanks,

Phil.

Re: Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:59 pm
by Kilkis
I don't know the general help number for G4 internet problems but you could try using this page to find your nearest store and then phone them. If you put your post code into the box, remembering to separate the first 3 and last 2 number with a space it should give you some options near you. Select one and you should get a map with red markers on it. Hover over any marker and you get a box with a control labelled "Περισότερα". Click on that and it will pull up the details of that store including a landline number.

I don't use G4 internet but doesn't it have a monthly cap and if you exceed the cap doesn't it drop you down to a slow speed rather than cut you off? Don't you have an online account/app that you can log onto and see your usage to check if you have gone over the limit?

Warwick

PS Perhaps your nearest mast is self isolating?

Re: Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:58 pm
by YoMo2
The number is 13830. Landline or mobile.

Re: Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:38 pm
by Philb
Kilkis wrote:I don't know the general help number for G4 internet problems but you could try using this page to find your nearest store and then phone them. If you put your post code into the box, remembering to separate the first 3 and last 2 number with a space it should give you some options near you. Select one and you should get a map with red markers on it. Hover over any marker and you get a box with a control labelled "Περισότερα". Click on that and it will pull up the details of that store including a landline number.

I don't use G4 internet but doesn't it have a monthly cap and if you exceed the cap doesn't it drop you down to a slow speed rather than cut you off? Don't you have an online account/app that you can log onto and see your usage to check if you have gone over the limit?

Warwick

PS Perhaps your nearest mast is self isolating?


Thank you Warwick, I used the number given by YoMo and got connected OK.

Sadly there is no Vodafone app or page to check remaining allowance, you have to call Customer Care. I switched from Cosmote which only gave me 50 gig but does have an account enquiry app 'My Cosmote'. Since I switched Cosmote have upped the allowance to 100 gig, same as Vodafone. Sod's law.

I had reached my 100 gig limit for the month and now have to wait until 21st before it refreshes. I can't buy extra data either. I can't even go and sit in a bar or taverns and use the Wi-Fi :|

Re: Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:52 pm
by Philb
YoMo2 wrote:The number is 13830. Landline or mobile.


That worked, thanks.

Re: Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:37 pm
by Kilkis
Philb wrote:...I had reached my 100 gig limit for the month and now have to wait until 21st before it refreshes. I can't buy extra data either...


Could you buy extra when you had the Cosmote 4G Internet deal? Scooby had a very poor landline so he got the type of Cosmote hybrid router that tries to use the landline but you can boost speed with a 4G SIM if you need to. He would put up with the slow landline when he was just web surfing or sending/receiving emails, in order to conserve data, and only enable the SIM if he wanted to stream video. That had a relatively low cap on the 4G data you could download but if you ran out before the end of the month you could top up.

Warwick

Re: Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:12 pm
by YoMo2
Philb wrote:.........Sadly there is no Vodafone app or page to check remaining allowance, you have to call Customer Care.


I don't think that is right. I have a "My Vodafone" app that shows all my balances. On Android. Maybe you have an iPhone and there isn't an equivalent?

Andrew

Re: Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:19 pm
by Kilkis
Is that an app that shows your balance for a mobile phone, Andrew? I have that and I can also log onto my account on my PC but I am not sure if it works the same for a 4G broadband router?

Warwick

Re: Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:49 pm
by Philb
YoMo2 wrote:
Philb wrote:.........Sadly there is no Vodafone app or page to check remaining allowance, you have to call Customer Care.


I don't think that is right. I have a "My Vodafone" app that shows all my balances. On Android. Maybe you have an iPhone and there isn't an equivalent?

Andrew

It is correct, this plan has no support for accessing usage or buying extra data. It is not the same as normal Vodafone mobile broadband packages e.g. Phone packages.

Re: Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:56 pm
by Philb
Kilkis wrote:
Philb wrote:...I had reached my 100 gig limit for the month and now have to wait until 21st before it refreshes. I can't buy extra data either...


Could you buy extra when you had the Cosmote 4G Internet deal? Scooby had a very poor landline so he got the type of Cosmote hybrid router that tries to use the landline but you can boost speed with a 4G SIM if you need to. He would put up with the slow landline when he was just web surfing or sending/receiving emails, in order to conserve data, and only enable the SIM if he wanted to stream video. That had a relatively low cap on the 4G data you could download but if you ran out before the end of the month you could top up.

Warwick

Cosmote would sell an extra 10 gig for about 15 Euros at any time of you needed it. I'm sure that would still be possible now they have raised the plan limit to 100 gig.

Both Cosmote and Vodafone plans provide a 4G router with phone sockets so you get a landline format number with a call usage included separately from the data.

Re: Vodafone Customer Care Number

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:48 am
by YoMo2
Kilkis wrote:Is that an app that shows your balance for a mobile phone, Andrew? I have that and I can also log onto my account on my PC but I am not sure if it works the same for a 4G broadband router?

Warwick


Ooops. Didn't read the OP properly.