Firefox Version 89.0

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
Kilkis

Firefox Version 89.0

Postby Kilkis » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:40 am

Anybody recently updated to the latest version of Firefox? Mine just did and it has changed the look in a way I certainly don't like. I have a lot of bookmarks so they are organised into folders on the bookmark tool bar, When you click on a folder you get a drop down list of all the bookmarks in that folder. The list was always single spaced but with the new version it has become double spaced which is a bit of a pain when there are a lot of bookmarks in one folder. The drop down list goes off the bottom of the screen so I am constantly scrolling down to find stuff. Anybody found a way to return it to single spaced? I manage to exhume compact mode, which had been buried, and select it but it hasn't done anything to the drop down lists.

Warwick

Mathitis

Re: Firefox Version 89.0

Postby Mathitis » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:46 am

Ah, not just me having issues with FF 89 changes!

My bookmark folders are not double spaced but the folders have no colour anymore and cannot find a solution (yet).

The Firefox 'home page' search bar that opens in the 'middle' of the page in a new tab does not respond at all i.e. no cursor, could not type anything = had to use the search bar at top. BUT, found solution for that via Reddit 'Firefox89 Issues' wherein, solutions given for how to make changes in about:config Two examples .....

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/nsr9vb/firefox_89_issue_google_search_box_on_blank_new/

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/nq6kto/if_you_dont_like_the_new_design_you_can_disable_it/

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:19 pm

The folders lost colour on Thunderbird email client as well. Lots of beef about that on forums.

I have mine set to open on a blank page rather than the home page. I have a search box next to the address bar which allows me several search options, not just Google. I find that Google search is slowly becoming less useful as they increase their attempts to monetise it.

I tried disabling Proton in about:config as shown in your second link, Mathitis, but it hasn't changed anything. Everything seems to come up double spaced in drop down boxes. For example if you right click on a spelling mistake the alternatives and things like copy and paste are all double spaced. I hate it! Why do they have to tinker with things that work perfectly well. Is Wesley Pegden in charge because I certainly feel like Barry?

Warwick

nuska

Postby nuska » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:36 am

I too have problems with this version. It seems to have lost colour and clarity and is much more difficult to read.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:07 am

No discernible problems for me - which must be a first!! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”