"Your connection is not private" on Mac

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
BST

"Your connection is not private" on Mac

Postby BST » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 pm

Recently when I've tried to access certain websites on my Macbook both via Chrome and Safari, I'm getting a message saying my connection is not private. This is for AADE.gr and for paying Council tax in the UK and other websites which I am sure are secure!! Yet when I use my phone and our same internet connection everything works perfectly for the same websites. Its very annoying as there are certain things I find difficult to do on my phone. A couple of weeks ago everything worked well on the Macbook????? Our internet has been the same for the last 8 years. Nothing is new. Is this something Apple have done?

Kilkis

Re: "Your connection is not private" on Mac

Postby Kilkis » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 pm

If I go onto the AADE.gr web site using Firefox on Windows 10 Pro, I find that uBlock Origin reports that it has blocked 15 links and Privacy Badger reports 7 potential trackers blocked. Chrome on Windows 10 Pro doesn't object to connecting at all, although I haven't installed any third party blockers on it, so it sounds like it is something in macOS that is causing the problem? Perhaps your macOS on your Macbook deals with these possible threats differently? When I first connected, Avast reported it as a safe site but when I went back it said that it didn't have enough information.

Doesn't your Macbook offer an option to override it?

Warwick

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”