Flaky Forum

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
Kilkis

Flaky Forum

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:16 am

Is anybody else finding the forum a bit flaky recently?

Sometimes it takes a long time to load the requested page. I'm only talking 10 to 20 seconds here but much more than the normal, i.e. less than 3 seconds.

Sometimes when this delay occurs it only loads a completely blank page, i.e. white screen. The URL is correct and if you simply click on the reload button it usually comes back to normal.

It might be something to do with my connection. I sent an email a couple of days ago and it came back undeliverable. It claimed that the domain could not be found. When I examined the domain name in the return message a letter had gone missing in it but it was correct in the original email. Perhaps my connection is losing odd characters which is screwing up both email and browsing.

Warwick

PS Using Firefox 5.0 on a Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit system with a Linksys WiFi modem/router connected via Ethernet.

lshall05

Postby lshall05 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:01 am

I've been having problems with pages loading in the last few days. I usually get a message saying the web page can't be loaded but when I refresh it loads.

I'm in the UK at the moment...
Living in Crete!!

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:27 am

Same here. Also, on occasion, some of the icons and buttons have appeared as text rather than a graphic.

altohb

Postby altohb » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 am

lshall05 wrote:I've been having problems with pages loading in the last few days. I usually get a message saying the web page can't be loaded but when I refresh it loads.

I'm in the UK at the moment...

We are getting exactly the same - and we are in Crete.

I know the server is in the US, so likely to be something that end, I guess, if the same problems are occurring from both here and the UK.

katharine

Postby katharine » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:00 am

Same problem here in Middle England.
Katharine

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:59 am

I was just going to say I haven't had any problems with it myself, when the page hung twice! It could be the forum servers as I've had other problems with the hosting account too over the last week. Hope it will resolve by itself soon. The board also needs an upgrade but it may be a few weeks before I get around to that.

Phaedra

Postby Phaedra » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi Carolina. Hope it sorts itself out. Been having the same trouble from here in Switzerland too.

It did it again just now.

Jan

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:14 am

Unusually (for Kokkino Horio) have had no problem at all. The only problem I am encountering is using FreeRAM XP Pro which, when it refreshes the memory, causes Firefox to hang for anything up to 2 minutes! Grossly annoying. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”