Sky HD Box

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
ScotinCrete

Sky HD Box

Postby ScotinCrete » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:00 pm

I have to keep 'rebooting' - i.e. turn it off and on again - my Sky box to get most channels.
For example - I get a no signal being received on Sky News HD but checking the signal and quality it should be fine!
I had this problem since moving to our new house and replaced my box so It's only a few months old and software should be ok?
Any thoughts?

Kilkis

Re: Sky HD Box

Postby Kilkis » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:12 pm

You can't get Sky News HD in Greece. If you have an HD box Channel 501 defaults to the HD version. Go to 516 and get the non-HD version. Anybody with an SD box will find the non-HD version on 501.

Warwick

SatCure

Re: Sky HD Box

Postby SatCure » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:36 pm

ScotinCrete wrote:I get a no signal being received on Sky News HD but checking the signal and quality it should be fine!

The only way to check a specific transponder is to go to the "secret" Installer Menu and put in the parameters manually. Otherwise the signal readings you see are for the "default transponder".

BTW I have a Sky "Javelin" minibox for testing purposes if anyone wants to borrow it (Apokoronas).

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”