android tv box

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
Kilkis

Re: android tv box

Postby Kilkis » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:07 pm

...or to put it another way, why the hell doesn't the guy who created the web site put on it what each version does? I guess that wouldn't be "Cooooool"?

Warwick

mythos master

Postby mythos master » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:12 pm

WOW,thanks a million,lots easier now,still get the occasional message like unavailable etc, but easy to get around everywhere now.
is it possible to record a live programme or stream,for example set the box to record or download live,then have access to tv for other viewing
thks again
a pessimist is an optimist with experience

thebigbluecheese

Postby thebigbluecheese » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:09 am

It installs everything for you that you will need . If you dont like it you can always uninstall . I used to install my own addons and tinker around , now I just use builds , the beast is by far the best
Last edited by thebigbluecheese on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

thebigbluecheese

Postby thebigbluecheese » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 am

Im not too sure about recording as I havnt got a need to using it . If its a football match you want to record , there is the Football replays which will give you the full match for days later . Iplayer for BBC stuff , and genisis for TV shows etc you may have missed . I will lokk into the record stuff as Im sure Ive read somewhere you can . Glad you like the beast ..

George

Postby George » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:03 pm

Do you know how to uninstall this? It looks quite impressive but nothing works when I try to launch Sky sports, or movies, tv whatever. It doesn't get listed as an add on so how do I get rid of it?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:37 pm

I am guessing that the Beast simply installs a lot of apps in one go. I think you might have to uninstall them individually. I've not tried it but most Android devices have a "Settings" app and within that is usually an "Application manager". Clicking on that brings up all the apps installed and you can disable and uninstall them individually. Just a guess but worth a look.

Warwick

George

Postby George » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:03 am

It turns out that the beast is basically a skin which sits on top of kodi itself. I had to delete all settings which sets the box back to it's default settings and then you just start again. Every day is a school day......

thebigbluecheese

Postby thebigbluecheese » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:12 am

To uninstall you just click on Fresh start . What version of KODI are you using ? 15.1 is a bit unbstable so I would suggest you try it with that . As I said before you installed it takes a little bit of tinkering but once youve sorted it there no going back . Mines running perfect , everythings working as it should , There was an update for the Beast yesterday , got rid of a few old addons that do not work and tweaked a few others , everythings fine now . Like I said it depends what you want . If you just want live TV , movies , TV shows and sport I would suggest the following addons . Film On , FTV , Pheonix, sportsdevil , Ivuetv guide

George

Postby George » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:17 pm

Thanks for that - I'm just awaiting the arrival of a tv dongle for my laptop so I can install kodi on that and then try out all the different builds before installing on the box itself. Appearance wise it looked great and perhaps with a bit of mucking around I don't see any reason for it not to work. However, at the time I was desperate to get the football back on for the weekend. Any tips etc for running these systems is always appreciated.

thebigbluecheese

Postby thebigbluecheese » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:22 pm

I watched the Chelsea arsenal game on tsn 1 on the add on vdubt25 .. Great picture , no buffering ... I then put sky sports news on , still with vdubt25, but then went onto nbc sports direct on the beast to watch city v West Ham ( wish I hadn't ) , again cracking picture no buffering .. Like I said a little bit of tinkering and you will be fine . A quick tip for the beast .. Download an older version of kodi , 14.2 , works much better and is stable and will auto update the addons when needed

George

Postby George » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:59 pm

After trying several builds I have opted for the Beast Encore. Not sure if this is an update, but it works like a charm. Easy to customize to your own preferences, giving it a much more personal feel. Everything working perfectly and I can recommend UKTurk tv for sport and movie streams. Will be in Crete next week so wont be using it much for the next few weeks.

mythos master

Postby mythos master » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Help,a few nights ago some of the channels/progs seemed to be missing from my android box which was loaded with the beast,last night was even worse,so I tried to download the beast again and have tried a few other similar packages,when selecting said file from install from a zip file thy are in red and when selected,nothing happens,so did a factory reset and lost everything,have kodi again but same thing still happening
any ideas ?

thebigbluecheese

Postby thebigbluecheese » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:49 am

Hi Mythos . You could install this wizard and then either install a build or install your own addons https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how- ... zard-kodi/

If you wanted to install the latest Beast , you now have to register for a pin .. You are then allwoed up to 5 downloads od the build per week . This has come about as box sellers were charging the earth by selling pre loaded boxes using the beast , http://thebeast.pw/signup/register.php

Genisis has now gone , a new movie and tv addon has appeared called exodus. You will find it in the ares wizard or just google how to install

mythos master

Postby mythos master » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Aah,many thanks,had been having trouble even downloading kodi,but finally managed it,part of problem being that there was no on screen info of wether download was completed or even happening,anywayfollowed the link and am playing with fire tv guru,so far very good,some sports channels are better than the beast links,especially bt sports
thks again

peebee

Postby peebee » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Had problems with my Android box at the weekend, I would turn it on and get the `Android' logo on the screen, but it wouldn't get as far as the main menu.
I noticed than when I plugged the power supply into the back, the power light would be bright for a few milliseconds, then fade slightly and then flicker occasionally.
Checked the PS output and it measured 5.4v but I thought it might be dropping off under load.
I purchased a universal one with different connectors, and selectable voltage output, thinking that it could be used as a backup for any others that might fail if it didn't sort the problem.
It did, Android box now working perfectly again, for the princely sum of €12 :-)

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”