Decent Garage or mechanic near Chania ?

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Cundalini

Decent Garage or mechanic near Chania ?

Postby Cundalini » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Any one know a reliable English speaking mechanic or decent garage in the Chania area ? thanks .
Cundalini wants his hand back!

Kilkis

Re: Decent Garage or mechanic near Chania ?

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:39 pm

I and most of my friends use John on the Omalos road. As you drive away from the National Highway towards Omalos you pass a big modern Avin petrol station on the right hand side. Not long after that there is a smaller older Silk petrol station also on the right hand side. John's repair shop is immediately before the Silk petrol station. There is a slight ramp up to the doors. He is Greek but used to own a garage in Canada. Does a good job at a reasonable price.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Cundalini wrote:Any one know a reliable English speaking mechanic or decent garage in the Chania area ? thanks .

`Chania area' covers a large expanse, where are you based ?

Cundalini

Postby Cundalini » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:14 pm

peebee wrote:
Cundalini wrote:Any one know a reliable English speaking mechanic or decent garage in the Chania area ? thanks .

`Chania area' covers a large expanse, where are you based ?

I am near Galatas near Chania city .

Cundalini

Postby Cundalini » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Kilkis wrote:I and most of my friends use John on the Omalos road. As you drive away from the National Highway towards Omalos you pass a big modern Avin petrol station on the right hand side. Not long after that there is a smaller older Silk petrol station also on the right hand side. John's repair shop is immediately before the Silk petrol station. There is a slight ramp up to the doors. He is Greek but used to own a garage in Canada. Does a good job at a reasonable price.

Warwick

Thanks will try it !

hairybloke

Postby hairybloke » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Alas, John/Yanni has sold up (I think) and retired!

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Dont think he has as yet, i know he is going to but not as yet.

KateD

Postby KateD » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:22 pm

George on the road to Vafes from Vrisses his number is 28250 51737 mobile 6932604380 geosymv@hotmail.com. He is honest and well respected in the Apokoronas area. Not far off the national road.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:02 am

hairybloke wrote:Alas, John/Yanni has sold up (I think) and retired!

I haven't spoken to him myself but from what I have heard from friends who have, it is possible that when he does close up his current premises he might carry on doing some repair work from home. It might be worth getting his mobile number if you don't already have it.

If he does close completely, there is another garage almost opposite the Silk petrol station a few metres closer to Omalos. If you drive down the right hand side of the hunting shop the garage at the far end of the block does decent repairs. Not many of the people who work there speak English but at least one does. I've only used them once but they did a good repair at a reasonable price.

Warwick

Cundalini

Postby Cundalini » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:13 pm

I went there Saturday to John`s just before the silk garage and it was closed .About 2pm I would say . No one was in there and there were no vehicles inside .All the tools and equipment were all still in there . Unless they finished fixing very vehicle before the Easter holiday and are closed from Thursday until next Tuesday I would say they are now shut for good .Might go back Tuesday and have look .

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:27 pm

No garages are open on a Saturday at all. I am told he was still open last week. He will be shut on Monday for the national holiday. Try again on Tuesday.

Warwick

Cundalini

Postby Cundalini » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:59 pm

not there this week . i went wednesday about 5 pm ! still no one there and closed!

Jean

Postby Jean » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:32 pm

not there this week . i went wednesday about 5 pm ! still no one there and closed!

I wouldn't expect any mechanic to work at 5 pm. Try to go during normal opening times (morning to around 15.00 or 16.00)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Cundalini wrote:not there this week . i went wednesday about 5 pm ! still no one there and closed!

You haven't really tuned into Greek opening hours yet have you, Cundalini? Garages probably open about 8 am and close about 2 pm to 3 pm. Try going in the middle of that window, i.e. around 11 am.

Warwick

Cundalini

Postby Cundalini » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:46 pm

But but ! Surely there would be cars left in the garage ? And the office door would not be left half open in the same position with the keys hanging the lock ?

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Suppliers & Services”